small bitch about clients

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

small bitch about clients

Post by reno »

as some if not all know im doing a handyman service in my complex. today I went to repair a person's toilet. no biggie it just a bad flapper valve in the tank. I keep like 6 to 12 on hand its normally a quick 10 to 15 min. job to replace and most are standard size . thay happen to need a special size one . ok I come home go to order the unit and find it's not a shelf stock item and $10 to $30 my cost to order it . I call them to let them know its a special order and 2 week lead time to arrive . (they have 2 toilets in the house ) . there reply is order it and if it arrives before we leave you can install it .if not you can do in the fall and just store it till we return . im like FU to myself i'm not ordering this part and storing it for 6 month and paying for it out of my pocket till you return . im I wrong or are people just arrogant and stupid. its some people who snow bird and planning on driving back to michigan because there board here. we not had any cases of the virus in my gated community as of now that I have heard of. but michigan is #3 hot spot in the nation as of yesterday . just what the hell are people thinking .all the woman's hubby knows is golf . if he has to lift a finger other then to grab a golf tee or club he is useless . im like totally going WTF .
darcy

Re: small bitch about clients

Post by darcy »

Tell them you'll be happy to order it when they front the $$ !!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

:said: (she)
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LMAO
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Not sure where you checked, but try supply.com. And no, you are wrong not wanting to order it if it might not get installed until Fall. If that's the case, give them the info to order it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, let them order it.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I've been burnt too many times by ordering product for someone before they pay & then they ghost on me. Not worth it.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

fyi i did give them the offer to prepay . that was why i didn't order in part .there regulars that call me a couple of times a season .but when i here there going to travel back to a hot spot like michigan. i'm like screw it I'll just wait and see if they return . seeing there all this crap going on right now. i have more work then I can handle at the moment right now. I have a waiting list for me to get to people homes . small and major jobs im back up 6 to 10 weeks right now.and getting 2-3 calls every day at the moment. best part is im not advertising its all word of mouth.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I agree with everyone else. Let them order the part.