Amazon Prime Shipping Time . Changed

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Amazon Prime Shipping Time . Changed

Post by reno »

Seem like the Shipping time frame for Amazon has really gone Away from 2 day to now 2 weeks :(
My last orders I have placed. one last night even do its prime there saying there not avail. to deliver until May 8th . this was for any of the same item type products . there were some that were not prime and for them they didn't list a shipping/delivery date if order. right now im seeing stuff I been looking at on amazon with prime showing a 2 week delivery time frame .
the price on the items were still better then looking at brick and mortar retailers. so i did place the orders. also not a rush need item. (well kind of on one item ){my car's headlight -don't really drive it at night right now }
darcy

Re: Amazon Prime Shipping Time . Changed

Post by darcy »

Some take even longer to arrive with Prime. I ordered something on the 6th and it's supposed to arrive 4/26. Can't be helped, work force is down like everywhere else,,,
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Yea, it's been like that for the past month or so. They've been classifying stuff as essential vs non-essential. Essential items mostly stick to the 2 day shipping, everything else 1+ weeks depending on what it is. It's not just them, Lowes, Costco, etc... same issue.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

While not really related, I ordered a few CD's from Amazon-Japan on Saturday, April 11th and received them on the 16th. However, the motor oil I ordered from Amazon-US took a month to arrive. It can't be helped but it seems their definition of essential vs non-essential needs clarity because the oil filter and shampoo I ordered on the same day arrived in 3 days.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's been hit or miss, but I think part of it is where it's located in relation to you. If it's in a nearby warehouse and can be delivered by local truck, I think it gets sent right out. If it has to be air freighted, and it's not essential, it gets delayed.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Err wrote:While not really related, I ordered a few CD's from Amazon-Japan on Saturday, April 11th and received them on the 16th. However, the motor oil I ordered from Amazon-US took a month to arrive. It can't be helped but it seems their definition of essential vs non-essential needs clarity because the oil filter and shampoo I ordered on the same day arrived in 3 days.
I think part of it also has to do with warehouses receiving massive amounts of orders and if it's something they are shipping directly or the seller is. I've seen some random shipping times as well. Some stuff might be coming out of a warehouse that isn't too overloaded while others are. Some may have enough workers and some might be short. Basically, expected shipping times with all companies are out the window until this mess clears up. Currently, if I need something soon, if Target has it I buy it there. Ours here you can order items, use the app to let them know you are on your way, and then driving into designated spots and notify them when you arrive and what car/color you have. They bring the items and put them in your car. Some stuff I've look at other online stores as well. When I order from Amazon, well, it gets here when it gets here. The other day I ordered a network cable from Amazon and it arrived within 2 days, but I guess that falls under office equipment :)
reno

Post by reno »

to be trueful I had a bathroom vanity & sink. arrive from texas that took 4 day trucking . but I called the company and was told it was on there shipping dock for 2 weeks. waiting for roadway trucking to pick it up. not sure if it was the factory or trucking company fault for the delay . it was a freebie for me to review. it do hold up my own guess bathroom renovation. can say I didn't have to worry. as im given 3 week from day item is delivery. to write and submit the reveiws . anyway I also know my kitchen cabinet supply company's. are taking 10 plus weeks for deliveries right now. the normal order to deliver time is 6 weeks .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's frustrating. I'm ordering a new Synology NAS to replace a 8yo Drobo that's repeatedly failing. Getting a target date of May 9th with Prime. 3 weeks. LOL Crazy!
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Losbot wrote:It's frustrating. I'm ordering a new Synology NAS to replace a 8yo Drobo that's repeatedly failing. Getting a target date of May 9th with Prime. 3 weeks. LOL Crazy!
If you have a Microcenter nearby, you may want to check there. I think they are doing curbside deliveries.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, the problem is I wanted to take advantage (because I have an Amazon credit account) of the 12 months 0% interest so I can just pay $100/mo for now for a few months until all this is over with then I'll just pay the balance. I want to keep as much cash on hand during this crap.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

So interestingly, I went back into my order and I found a button to "change my delivery speed". I clicked it and it mentioned 1 business day shipping (after it ships). So I figured, "why not" and I clicked it to see if there was any up-charge. It just sat for a few seconds then said Congrats, your estimated arrival date is Tuesday, 04/21/20. Quite the change from May 9th, three weeks from today. LOL

Hopefully the older NAS hangs in there long enough for me to get this one in place. I've got a copy of everything but I'll feel better having a new unit with a fresh warranty.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

And now that NAS that was scheduled for 3 weeks away, then 3 days, is apparently out for delivery today. So it became a 2 day after all. Sat-Mon. LMFAO

reno

Post by reno »

i posted the wrong delivery date in first post sorry all - :) no I did't just being a smart ass .
Arriving Fri, May 8 by 9pm
Track package

SYLVANIA - H11 SilverStar - High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, High Beam, Low Beam and Fog Replacement Bulb, Brighter Downroad with Whiter Light (Contains 2 Bulbs)
reno

Post by reno »

update - amazon saying they have shipped my headlights and will arrive friday now :) Good I'll see Again at night :)

Hi mike, your package will arrive:

Friday, April 24

info icon
This contains items from 2 orders the headlights and a roll of RV roof tape .