home depot return problem

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

home depot return problem

Post by reno »

yesterday i went to return some goods to home depot and was told no on the returns. I didn't have the sales slip and was looking to just get a store credit. done many times before . anyway we swipe are credit cards (3 of them my two home depot and personal bank card) on the pad and it pick up a bunch of the items I was returning . I also pay cash for a lot of stuff i buy. anyway today im told we cant take these items because of there TRE system.
and here a slip with bla bla bla on it and a website to visit . also the girl found a phone no. so i call it while standing there . I call the number and told screw you in short . that i can request a report but it will take a couple of days as to your return history. the report stated i have done 6 returns without receipts from 4-1-2019 for a total of $123.36 in in store credit. and yesterdays returns was for $158.88 that got rejected . yes i do say i may return a bunch but im also in there store,s about daily buying parts and some getrurn do being more then i needed or wrong item to fix a item. finding the correct parts can be tuff at times .also a lot that im working on is 40-45 years old built in 1975. im kind of off track making calls and getting dead ends people don't or are not given info as to who in charge. in the area that setup this program. so its fun trying to get this fixed. :(

https://www.theretailequation.com/frequ ... questions/ kind of BS
Last edited by reno on Wed May 27, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Err
Life Member

Re: home depot return problem

Post by Err »

https://www.homedepot.com/c/customer_se ... rePurchase
In-Store Return Policy – In order to limit store traffic, we have adjusted our return policy and will now accept returns for up to 180 days after purchase – we ask that customers refrain from making in-store returns at this time.
You need to call and complain as they are violating their own policies: https://www.homedepot.com/c/Return_Policy

The only instances I can see that they should be refusing a return would be if the purchase is over 180 days or is a non-returnable item such as light bulbs, fuses, custom mixed paint, etc.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Home Depot is fighting a massive wave of fraud with tons of people stealing, returning for store credit who then turn around and sell the gift cards. You also have he people buying and returning something else. Different/Broken light bulb, replacing a liquid product with water, etc...Their options are somewhat limited. Either they crack down on no receipt returns or they raise prices. No retailer decides to locked down their return policy unless faced with abuse. Even companies like LL Bean who had an awesome lifetime return policy finally had to end that because assholes were abusing it returning heavily used items or items they bought from someone used. Costco, another company with a great return policy had to also tighten it down because of people abusing it. I know someone who would return their Vitamix every dam year to get a new one.

I do the same, where I buy extra stuff to not have to go back and forth and then return it. Sometimes I have the physical receipt and sometimes I don't. I always use the same exact credit card and their system always finds my order and they never hassle me about it. Also if I ever did get hassled, I always have the emailed receipt. So it's not like they don't provide multiple ways for you to be able to return something. If you don't have the receipt and you can't figure out how you paid, don't put 100% of the blame on them. Register your email and hit print & email every time. Problem solved.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Register your email and hit print & email every time. Problem solved.
tried to register mine . still ask me every time to input every time . kind of hard not to if its a cash sale . when i charge its simple .also now that they stop the imputing of your pro info phone no. you have to input a email on every cash sale for copy of a sale slip. with me doing like 10 trips a week into the store . it more of a slow down (cost me money and time ) to put the info in on every cash sale with the keypads . my normal trip from job to store and back over a hour . so I loose about 1 day a week just shopping at home depot .between travel time and filling carts with goods . :(
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I just strictly use their Home Depot credit card. That way I'm emailed a receipt every time and they always can find my purchases. Plus if I do buy anything large, I typically get 0% for 12 months as an option.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Always use my Amex, and if I don't have the receipt they look it up that way. I do sometimes buy a variety of sizes of something like PVC fittings if I'm not sure exactly what I need, and return what I don't use.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.