Woman paints fence neon colors after neighbor complains to county

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Woman paints fence neon colors after neighbor complains to county

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: Woman paints fence neon colors after neighbor complains to county

Post by Pugsley »

I would totally be that neighbor of one of mine was an ass. But both my neighbors are cool so I don't have to be that guy.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

at my old house are fence-property line was problem .it started when I lived there. we were planning on moving so we did nothing . the guy moved in next door and a junk collector . plus he was over stepping his yard boundary. there a lot to this story . part of it was my fault from years ago. when I bought my home we installed a fence in my rear yard .(as in me and my wife dad) we measured off the lot and made sure the new fence we installed was inside my property boundary. well we sure did we installed it so it looked square and was inline to the telephone pole in the front yard. it also was set even to a fence post in the rear of a neighbor that property runs up from the lake . this in turn meant the new fence would sit 8 to 10 feet inside my property. not to what is the normal 6 inch in my old community . my property was 100 x 185 wide the property to both sides of me are only 50 x185 .well turned out the neighbors to the right of me lost there home to foreclosure and was sold . they installed (old owners) a small storage/ radio shack to use at the bonfire pit. we use to share that 10 ft section .my next door neighbor even ran a underground power line to it from his house.(not legal but did). anyway like said after years like 18 plus year I forgot all about that section being set short. we use to cut the grass in the backyards one week I did the next BIll would. we became good friends and no problem .till he and his 2nd wife divorced and the house got foreclosed on . when my buyer had the property surveyed it was discovered . seeing it only been a year or two from the time my neighbor lost that property (also he bought it from out of flipper). my buyer had the right to take the 10 ft back and he has. thing is there trap (land locked) in back yard with no way in .seeing there garage (free standing) is set to close to there house to get around it. (what they were doing was driving over my yard.when we were in florida in the winter months ) they also pissed of the neighbor on there left side with all there trash . so he installed a fence from the back of his property to as far forward as allowed by the city and high as allowed. now the same being done on my old property .thing is there only like a 5 foot easement on my adjoining side . there home was built right on the property line pretty much . as it turned out we were wrong when we took are measurements off the telephone poles years ago. so my lesson learned is never trust what you think are boarder trees or telephone poles are used to set property corners. also trust your inlaws who acted like they know what he is talking about) he was trying to save me $300.00 buck at the time . there was a second reason for the buyer of my place to have it surveyed do. he planning on adding a large pole barn and wanted to make sure the setbacks were correct. but the new neighbor were such A-Holes over all this . they about got arrested for pulling survey stakes. they were given a choice jail or pay to have the line resurveyed.they took the later. it was a deal with the building department and police for them. as they were seen on camera pulling the stakes.
I been keep informed as the buyer of my house is the son of a close friend . plus im friends with the building inspector still . (the neighbor not aware of this do) so it's a no win for them .also they been informed there garage has to be removed it been condemned by the city .the roof fallen in. :)
darcy

Post by darcy »

Lol!! You go, girl!! ,, paint your fence any darn color you want!
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LOL
------------------------------------------

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

My neighbor is new and got onto the homeowners association because she put herself up for election (nobody participates). She voted for herself and one. Well, not but a week later, I received a notice that I needed to move my trash cans. I kept them on the property line on her side of the home, but it's behind a bush. Well, the note said that my cans had to be more than a foot from the property line. This was silly. So, I started storing them in my front yard. Right in the middle. Then I had a bunch of office chairs I needed to get rid of. So, I decided they were good for decorating the side of my porch. I planted them. She no longer bugs me nor has she talked to me again. I don't play petty games. Well, I guess I do, but I step it up.