trying to find a power tool service center

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

trying to find a power tool service center

Post by reno »

been looking on line trying to find a local service center . my Bosch electric bulldog sds hammer drill could use a cleaning and regreasing. im more then happy to pay to have it serviced . there videos on line on how to do it. its semi simple but time is something i just don't have right now. also would have to buy a hard to fine long t-20 bit and wait for it to arrive. cant fine any tool repair service centers in the tampa area . :bang
this a older model without the newer second safety trigger and makes easyer to use.new unit about $200.00 it may cost me about that to regrease im aware .they say its about 1/2 hour job to do plus minimal parts cost.
Last edited by reno on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: trying to find a power tool service center

Post by Losbot »

Good luck. I feel like everything is built to be disposable these days.
------------------------------------------

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

We had one near me, but they shut down just last year. Shame.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Bosch has a Service center locator but I don't know if these places service tools:https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/servic ... r-locator/

You'll have to put your location in and then call each place.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

the bosch site kind of messed up. tried it a number of times and get different results. i decided to just order the parts and service the drill myself. came out to $30 for parts and $10 for the special 6 inch long bit needed via amazon. if i fail im just buying a new unit and deal with the safety trigger on there newer models . per all the video's on-line its only a 20 min repair . just need a 5 inch bench vice that I don't own . so if I need to get one it wont be from harbor freight. friends have all said there hollow and don't hold up. i'll look around at pawn shops or craigs list for one. dont really have room on my work bench for a vice but will just drill the hole's and unmount it and then epoxy the holes .
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

reno wrote:the bosch site kind of messed up. tried it a number of times and get different results. i decided to just order the parts and service the drill myself. came out to $30 for parts and $10 for the special 6 inch long bit needed via amazon. if i fail im just buying a new unit and deal with the safety trigger on there newer models . per all the video's on-line its only a 20 min repair . just need a 5 inch bench vice that I don't own . so if I need to get one it wont be from harbor freight. friends have all said there hollow and don't hold up. i'll look around at pawn shops or craigs list for one. dont really have room on my work bench for a vice but will just drill the hole's and unmount it and then epoxy the holes .
Yeah there site was down the other day. They have a notice up stating that they've suspended their five-day guarantee, so basically they are still servicing/repairing, but it's going to take longer than normal.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Good luck finding an older vise. They're now collector's items and sell for hundreds of dollars. There's one guy on our local Craigslist that seems to have hoarded them all.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

That said, I'm sure a Harbor Freight vise would do the trick if this is all you'll use it for. Otherwise, I've had good experiences with Irwin vises.