Sentry Safe Cut in Half FAST!

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Sentry Safe Cut in Half FAST!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Sentry Safe Cut in Half FAST!

Post by reno »

it a shame how some security equipment is made so cheaply . and there no true way to know as a consumer.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Dont safes have some kind of time rating on them... how long it would take someone to break into it? Or could I be thinking of prison doors? Some place I went to that made I think prison equipment rates everything in time. Every year they have a huge pick nick and invite guards from all over to go at it with shit you would find in a prison and how ever long in takes them to get past 3 of them is the time they get rated at. They can use toilets and desks and whatever else you would find as weapons to beat on it.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Made in China?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Pugsley wrote:Dont safes have some kind of time rating on them... how long it would take someone to break into it? Or could I be thinking of prison doors? Some place I went to that made I think prison equipment rates everything in time. Every year they have a huge pick nick and invite guards from all over to go at it with shit you would find in a prison and how ever long in takes them to get past 3 of them is the time they get rated at. They can use toilets and desks and whatever else you would find as weapons to beat on it.

That's how safes are rated too. The Sentry Safe would be rated by using the method in the video. What you want in a safe and locks are time and inconvenience. If that safe were made well, it would have concrete filling the cavity or be made of cast iron. That would also make it very heavy but for a safe that small, you'd want it heavy and to be able to bolt it down.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Most residential safes like the Sentry stuff is just rated for fire. Not really security. I've got a custom built Fort Knox safe in my place. It's fire rated plus extra thick steel. I place a small Sentry safe for documents, in there for documents that I don't want to lose to fire. Double protection.
------------------------------------------