Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave after posting yacht party photos

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave after posting yacht party photos

Post by FlyingPenguin »

How the (not so) mighty have fallen.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... nite-leave

I mean, party if you want, Dude, but WHY in hell would you, as the president of the world's largest Christian university, and a so-called Christian leader, post THIS photo on your Instagram?

Someone else who needs a social media intervention.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave after posting yacht party photos

Post by Losbot »

LMAO
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Jerry Falwell Jr. placed on indefinite leave after posting yacht party photos

Post by Executioner »

LOL - wonder what the age difference is.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well it's his wife's assistant, and she's pregnant. It's probably all innocent enough, but it sure doesn't LOOK good. From the videos he posted it looks like people were having a fun time.

I'm not going to pick on him for having a good time. He's rich, he has a yacht, he took his friends and family on vacation. Good for him.

But only a moron would post a photo like that on his Instagram, when he's supposed to be some sort of bastion of morality (or at least pretend he is), and publicly criticizes other people for their non-Christian lifestyles. His Christian university has such strict rules, you can be fined for drinking, or wearing women's skirts above the knees. Students have been mocking him for hypocrisy because just about every university rule was broken in the yacht party video he posted,

That's compounded by the fact that the party on the yacht was a theme party based on the TV series "Trailer Park Boys" which is not exactly good, clean, wholesome television. It's a comedic mockumentary, with explicit language, about life in a trailer park and people involved in crime, doping, drug dealing, and heavy drinking as a life style.

And as an aside, I think a lot of people also found it offensive that he's bragging that he has a big fancy yacht and can go on vacation during Covid, while everyone else is either stuck at home or having to work in a risky environment, and his university chose to stay open during covid and is now dealing with high infection rates.

This comes after a series of stupid things he's said and done recently. His exit is long overdue. He needs to step down, not just take a leave of absence.

BTW: Some clips from Trailer Park Boys" if you've never seen it. Comedy gold. (NSFW!)

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Here's the video Falwell posted of the yacht party, with everyone posing as a character from Trailer Park Boys. This will make more sense if you watch the Trailer Park Boys clips above. You'll recognize the characters.

https://vimeo.com/444300274

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Please, that family are a bunch of scammers and assholes.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The apple never strays far from the tree. Liberty "University" has a strict policy where students will be suspended for getting caught drinking, partying, talking if female, etc. This illustrates the sheer hypocrisy of these so called Christian leaders.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Falwell under scrutiny for using NASCAR driver's yacht on vacation
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... s-yacht-on

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Jerry Falwell, Jr. Resigns from Liberty U. Following Pool Boy Sex Revelation

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/202 ... evelation/

The apple rarely fall far from the tree. His dad was a piece of crap too. I predict he'll repent and all will be forgiven because this guy still has money and rich friends.

While technically adultery, the Bible doesn't have anything against letting you spouse have sex with someone while you watch. In fact, this is how Ishmael was born to Abraham. His wife, Sarah, had Abraham bang her servant because she thought she couldn't conceive. I'm amazed nobody has used this as a defense yet.

To be clear, I don't care what consenting adults do. If you like to watch, cool. However, if you tell me I can't enjoy my kink because of your perceived religious beliefs, screw you.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nice golden parachute:

Falwell set to get $10.5 million in compensation as he leaves Liberty University
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... es-liberty

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I expected as much. 10.5 million is probably with ~100+ Master's Degrees from a real University.

At least now he can afford a new yacht and more pool boys.

Prediction: Within the next 5 years, Jr. will "repent" and start a new grift. Most likely it will be under the guise of a charity like Samaritan's Purse so he can may himself a nice salary.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Like the douche bag that he is, now he's suing the university.

Jerry Falwell Jr. is suing Liberty University after his forced resignation over sex scandal
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/je ... n-n1245258
"Thus, we were forced to seek remedy for Mr. Falwell's ongoing injuries and damage to his reputation through the Court."
Should be a short trial. Show the picture he himself posted, done deal. I think the court will conclude he damaged his own reputation.

Just a reminder kids:

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The he also got a golden parachute, I doubt this goes anywhere. It's going to be tough the argue that the University caused his injuries as he violated their code of ethics. Are they going to say the University didn't cover up for him?