Class Action Park | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Class Action Park | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Never heard of this place, but I'm on this kick of watching documentaries on amusement parks (mostly the Defunctland YouTube channel) so it popped up on my radar.
Class Action Park is the first-ever feature-length documentary to explore the legend, legacy, and truth behind a place that long ago entered the realm of myth. To some, New Jersey's infamous Action Park was the most spectacularly fun amusement park on Earth: A place where unruly 1980s teenagers were given free rein to go gonzo on strange contraptions that seemed to violate the laws of common sense (and perhaps physics). To others, it was an ill-conceived death trap. One thing is sure: It's the type of place that will never exist again. Shirking the trappings of nostalgia, the film uses investigative journalism, newly unearthed and never-before-seen documents and recordings, original animations, and interviews with the people who lived it to reveal the true story for the first time. The documentary features an original score by The Holladay Brothers.

Stream Class Action Park on HBO Max starting August 27.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Class Action Park | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Post by FlyingPenguin »

HA! Defunctland has an episode on Action Park that I missed:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

They made a comedy about this place called 'Action Point'.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Oh, wow! I recall hearing about this place when I used to travel to NY on a monthly basis. I believe it had already closed down I think ('99 - '01) so I didn't get to go. I wanted to though, as cool as everyone made it sound. LOL
------------------------------------------

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm all about life threatening fun.