Security Questions

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
psypher
Golden Member

Re: Security Questions

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:We also take advantage of points. We are a Disney family (well, before all this Covid nonsense) and we have a Chase Disney Visa. We charge EVERYTHING that's a daily expense. Food, gas, etc.
Wife sends an electronic payment about every 2 or 3 days, for everything we charged. It adds up. We rack up a lot of points. We we go on our annual trip, we usually have around $1000 to spend on crap. I'll even do things like place the down payment for my car on the card and then send the money to Chase. That's a nice batch of points and we'll get cash back.

Years ago I did the same with my gold Amex, except I used to charge all the IT department crap on it and would use convenience checks to pay the office space lease. I used to put about $60k/month on that card. When I left after about 5 yrs there, I still over 2 million Amex points. I travelled to Europe, South America, Japan, Singapore and bought appliances for my new place. ;)
Yea, we have a Chase Freedom (cash rewards). Our son is 16 and we moved out of Florida so we don't go to Disney 4-5 a year like we used to. I also send payments every 1-2 weeks to avoid the psychological hit of making a large payment :) Our bills card and daily expenses are all put on a Chase Freedom card as well. $1000 a year is about what we end up with as well. When I bought my wife's car, they let us charge something like 2500, so of course I jumped on it, free $25 lol.

A company I worked for had a vendor that allowed him to pay his invoices by credit card without any fees. This was a wholesale vendor, but they directed payments to their retail department. They never said anything for the 10+ years that we used them. Monthly was over $100K. All the flights for his vacations and when he flew me up were paid by points.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Security Questions

Post by Losbot »

Yep. Gotta love it when you can get points without spending YOUR own money. ;)
------------------------------------------