A Shot-by-Shot Analysis of the New Borat’s Giuliani Scene

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A Shot-by-Shot Analysis of the New Borat’s Giuliani Scene

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Kudos to Slate for doing a proper analysis because everyone is taking it at face value, and it's Sacha Baron Cohen for God's sake.

Of course he was set up, and it's obvious from this analysis that it was edited to make it look more embarrassing/creepy than it already was. Still, Rudy made it easy. Rudy needs to have his bullshit radar turned up to 10 next time.
So here’s what we can say for sure about what happened:

1. Rudy Giuliani followed a young woman he thought was a journalist into the bedroom of a hotel suite.

2. He thought she was a journalist because somehow no alarm bells went off during the interview when she repeatedly put her hand on his knee or giddily told him, “I really feel like Melania right now.”

3. Alone in the hotel bedroom, Giuliani got more handsy than was strictly necessary.

4. In the best possible interpretation of the end of the encounter, Giuliani should probably refrain from tucking in his shirt when he’s in the same room with other people.

There’s nothing in the film that proves Giuliani’s intentions, and there are enough places where the audio and editing could have been manipulated to make the encounter seem creepier than it actually was—I haven’t even gotten into the ominous music—that it would be unwise to draw a definitive conclusion that Giuliani was attempting to seduce Tutar. (It may be relevant to note here that the 76-year-old and his third wife divorced last year, and that he has a girlfriend.)
https://slate.com/culture/2020/10/borat ... lyzed.html
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "