BF 2020

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

BF 2020

Post by reno »

have you bought anything special today just because it a BF Special sale ?
me no -as most stores seem to be running these special for weeks or till sold out . some places even allowed to order weeks before there ad was released.

i think a lot more retailers are going to be filing for bankruptcy after this christmas season.
psypher
Golden Member

Re: BF 2020

Post by psypher »

The concept of Black Friday as a single day doesn't exist this year due to the pandemic. With all the issues related to the pandemic, the specific single day traffic isn't expected, so pretty much most if not all retailers started their specials earlier. Clothing retailers are hit the hardest so you can expect those to continue declaring bankruptcy. No one needs new clothes if they are working from home and not going out. Certain stores like Home Depot and Lowes don't even need to run crazy BF sales. For the past several months they've been selling more than they would even sell during Black Friday.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Over the last 10 years, I've all but stopped buying on BF & Cyber Monday. Just nothing so special that it's worth keeping an eye out. I'll buy something if I'm already at Home Depot or something, but I'm not gonna make a trip for it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The only things I bought we're some 4K Blu Rays in my Amazon with list: 2001, The Shining, and Dr. Sleep. The had the HBO series Chernobyl on Blu Ray so I added that too. I haven't really seen any deals worth leaving the house for. I'm at the age I don't need anything unless something breaks or is outdated. I bought a new chair and router but neither were Black Friday Deals. I just needed them. My chair broke and my router, a Linksys E3000, worked fine but needed replaced with something that could handle more devices on the WiFi and actually had firmware updates. I ended up getting a NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-band. It's okay and increased my coverage a bit but setup was a bit of a pain. Setup seemed to take longer that I spent putting my chair together. I used their app which works fine. However, after the initial firmware update, the app couldn't see the router anymore. I ended up performing the setup again and then everything worked. The router takes at least 3 minutes to boot which is much longer than my Linksys. I think it's up and running in 30 seconds. It automatically turns on a trial of their security suite which I turned off because I don't see the point of paying $70 a year for it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I don't think I've ever bought anything on BF. It's never anything I need or want.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I had hoped to grab a new 43" for the bedroom. Wanted good quality and under $500. Did all my homework and found out the ideal TV for us was a specific Vizio 4k model.
Turns out it is the 2019 model, was $400 and they're no longer available anywhere.

I got lucky 2 days ago and found someone selling the model on OfferUp, who bought it last year and is moving into a smaller place. No room for it and I picked it up for $125 in mint condition. Looks great. Worked out in the end. Got my BF 2020 purchase. Just not the way I had expected. :D
------------------------------------------