Sear - Craftsman hand tool warranty is good kind of.

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Sear - Craftsman hand tool warranty is good kind of.

Post by reno »

i just did a warranty on a 1/4 x 8 inch slotted craftsman screwdriver today. had to call the 1-888-331-4569 phone no. after a bunch of click 1 or 2 on my phone . we hit a live operator . well they didn't have my screwdriver any more. but they did have me go to there web site Sear.com . from there i was told to pick out a screw driver of my liking. there not a lot to choices to pick from. :( end up with a shorter unit and it say craftsman and is lifetime warrantied. its no match to the broken unit in design or color's but they are warranty there products anyway . something better then nothing .anyway told wont ship out till next friday the 29 th and who knows from were. at the end of the call they try pitching you a free estimate for a home improvement so beware. ps .there still is a craftsman web site .and they do have craftsman original design screwdrivers on it . but it dont belong to sears so you must go to the sear.com site :(

fyi all craftsman screwdrivers have had there model no's changed old to new so they know if they were a sears item or lowes /ace /or who ever sells them now . those store will not warranty the older stock units :(