The other problem in Texas.. Bursting frozen pipes

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

The other problem in Texas.. Bursting frozen pipes

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Here in Central FL we do get one or two hard freezes for a couple of hours during winter, so we're trained to leave a faucet dripping to prevent pipes from freezing, unless you know your pipes are well insulated, which they generally aren't here. Every winter I check the exposed pipes at the well and replace pipe insulation as needed. Not so worried about the house as this place has isolene spray foam insulation.

But poor Texas, they normally never even get a short freeze, much less sustained sub zero Temps for days. And cracking a faucet won't help with fire sprinklers like in the videos below, which is on it's own separate water loop.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: The other problem in Texas.. Bursting frozen pipes

Post by reno »

talked to a customer service rep. at a supplier in Weslaco, TX two days ago (Wednesday) she said her and her family were having to stay in a hotel . do to broken pipes at her home. she is hoping there home owners helps pick up the tab. said she lives in McAllen Texas . that in the southeast corner of Texas. just on the Texas- Mexico boarder. was looking for a shipment that I was expecting. not now she said it be 2-3 more weeks before it even shipped :( . hate it when that happens !
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Where's the videos?
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmm. Guess they pulled the post. But if you search Youtube there's lots of examples. Here's some.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »