who had there covid shot / shots

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: who had there covid shot / shots

Post by reno »

darcy wrote:
reno wrote:wife tons better today :)
yesterday it was a sleepy day and feeling like crap .she was in bed or sleeping on the couch for the whole day .her twin sister and her husband were both feeling like crap yesterday .they all got there 2nd shot on Monday.
Oh, good,, glad much better :)
Seems to last 24-48 hrs and then all good ,,, I'm going to assume with no major underlying problems to begin with,,.
Darcy you are correct
darcy

Post by darcy »

That's good, reno :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well I was planning to hold off a bit longer because it's so hard to get an appointment, but I have a cousin (she got covid last March BTW, had lingering effects for a year). She's a bit of a night owl due to insomnia, and she's been helping people get appointments by hitting the scheduling site at 4am, before anyone else does. She offered yesterday to try to get us appointments, and I agreed.

Wife, Dad and I all have appointments for our first shot of Moderna this weekend at a Walmart pharmacy 15 miles away. So, getting it done.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Post by darcy »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Well I was planning to hold off a bit longer because it's so hard to get an appointment, but I have a cousin (she got covid last March BTW, had lingering effects for a year). She's a bit of a night owl due to insomnia, and she's been helping people get appointments by hitting the scheduling site at 4am, before anyone else does. She offered yesterday to try to get us appointments, and I agreed.

Wife, Dad and I all have appointments for our first shot of Moderna this weekend at a Walmart pharmacy 15 miles away. So, getting it done.
Excellent, glad to hear it :)

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wife still feels fine, just a bit of ache in the injection site. Dad and I got our first one today.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Post by darcy »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Wife still feels fine, just a bit of ache in the injection site. Dad and I got our first one today.
That's good; It's the 2nd one seems to get people.
Hubby gets his 2nd one 4/1; and Mom's set for 4/3. Needless to say, we won't be going up for Easter,,,.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I just got my first shot today. Ohio has also opened up vaccines for those 16 and older.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Err wrote:I just got my first shot today. Ohio has also opened up vaccines for those 16 and older.
*thumbs up* :)

darcy

Post by darcy »

Well, hubby had his 2nd shot 2 days ago,,, no side effects at all.

My friend had her First shot early in the week and felt horrible for 2-1/2 days - chills, fever, and nauseous.

I'm still awaiting my second shot.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Children's Hospital of Atlanta started administering Covid shots last week for teens (so Pfizer only) plus up to two care givers. We all just got our first shot yesterday. It was in the convention center where the city is also giving out shots to everyone else, they just can't pick which one. Let me say, it sure was nice having a kid :) It was scheduled about 4 days before. We got there like an hour early and they took us in. We spent maybe 5 mins filling out a one page form, then went in, took like 10 mins for all three of us and then 15 minute wait to make sure no issues. The city one probably had 500+ between those inside waiting and the ones in line. All three of us got it in our left arm. Wife and I are righties, son is border line ambidextrous with preference to his right lol. All three of us were sore the today. I got woken up in the middle of the night when I rolled over on my left arm. I had to take some advil to see if it would help with the soreness. We're scheduled for our 2nd shot on April 24, exactly 21 days from the first shot.
reno

Post by reno »

in about 1 week we get shot 2.been talking to my Canadian friends there mostly having to wait as for the first shot do to supply .also Ontario on lock down again as of yesterday. those who have had the first shot are told 4 months before they can get the 2nd one :(
reno

Post by reno »

ment to also add that i'm not making any plans for next Monday or Tuesday just incase of side affect of the 2nd injection that seems be the norm. 2nd shot is at 3 pm Sunday .
darcy

Post by darcy »

reno wrote:ment to also add that i'm not making any plans for next Monday or Tuesday just incase of side affect of the 2nd injection that seems be the norm. 2nd shot is at 3 pm Sunday .
Good call.

reno

Post by reno »

got my 2nd shot today at 3 pm at a local Walgreens .all go so far will see what tomorrow will bring !
reno

Post by reno »

update woke up arm at injection site a bit sore. legs and arm joints stiff -(may of just sleep wrong) head felt like a bobble head . took a shower about 10 am and now feel ok .did take some sinus over the counter med's (generic Tylenol sinus +headache)