cabinet shipping problem

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

cabinet shipping problem

Post by reno »

not sure what to think on this one.
I have a bathroom vanity cabinet that is being rma. the company been saying for the last 6 weeks they will be sending a replacement .after we sent them pictures of the damaged one that arrived by freight truck. it was there problem not the trucking company's due to lack of packaging. anyway they keep telling me week after week. that a replacement will be coming . they blaming it on the problems that hit Texas for a bit . and unable to get a get/fine a trucking company to deliver a replacement. they say its sitting on there shipping dock waiting for trucking company. yesterday was told mine the oldest case the guys taking care of . this is a major player in the cabinet maker industry. ( in fact there part of MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. who is the largest cabinet manufacturer in North America.) that there was going to be a big meeting about the trucking problem today or Tuesday. that I'll get a email and call as soon as they can get this replacement shipped out . not a lot we can do at this point as my hands are tied up in a wait and see .

one good thing if the only good thing about it is. its a free unit and not one im waiting to install in a clients or my home.
psypher
Golden Member

Re: cabinet shipping problem

Post by psypher »

That's a big reason I avoid and recommend people really consider the potential issues when it comes to those large cabinet makers that are in another state, which is what you see at all the big box stores and most kitchen designers use. Nothing worse than having something like a kitchen remodel delayed for weeks or more because of an issue with a cabinet. That can really screw things up badly. Counters, backsplash, appliances, plumbing, etc. all get screw and have to wait. Of course if you don't live in an area with cabinet makers, you pretty much don't have a choice.

If you do have local cabinet makers, they are worth checking out. I live in Atlanta, so finding a cabinet maker wasn't an issue. When I did my remodel, the local cabinet maker that I picked was about 15K less than any of the quotes from the big box stores or kitchen designers AND they were full custom, not within 1/4" that semi-custom offers. And some of the things I needed, none of the semi-custom would even do. On top of that, I got additional features like finished panels on all cabinet ends, 1.5" thick finished end panels on island, painted matching crown, some glass doors, channels behind the glass doors for LED strip lights, some other stuff too. Those extras would have added several thousands more to the other quotes. The fact is things happen, nothing is ever going to make it 100% of the time without issues. Even my local cabinet maker had some issues. The difference is, the shop is 30 minutes away and they can take care of it and have it ready in a few days or less.