older folks being scammed :(

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

older folks being scammed :(

Post by reno »

its sad im in a 55 and over retirement community . its sad how they pray on some of these retired older folks. today I saved one guy who waiting on his stimulus check . he got a phone call from someone saying they needed his driver license. that tomorrow it be in his account. he have to sent to this to this gmail account . that by doing so it free the check up. he tell me the guy who called is in Jamaica an its all legal . he just needed me to copy his license as he had no way of doing so for him. i had a very hard time convicting him it wasn't legal. and the IRS will never call him .they only contact you via the us post office via a letter. :( the day before im at a womans home and someone about scam her via a amazon gift card scam.
Err
Life Member

Re: older folks being scammed :(

Post by Err »

My dad got hit with the Amazon gift card scam. The scammers are starting to get more aggressive. Some will threaten the elderly with law enforcement of harm. There really needs to be Federal and State education campaigns aimed at educating Seniors. It also annoys me to no end that communications companies could shut down the sources of these scam calls but don't.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Err wrote:My dad got hit with the Amazon gift card scam. The scammers are starting to get more aggressive. Some will threaten the elderly with law enforcement of harm. There really needs to be Federal and State education campaigns aimed at educating Seniors. It also annoys me to no end that communications companies could shut down the sources of these scam calls but don't.

I fully agree
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

The problem is most of the scammers are overseas. Our government should put more pressure on those countries to crack down on them, or lose your monetary support and get hit with sanctions.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Here's a great vid of a white hat stinging one of these a-holes. He freaks out the whole call center by showing them a feed from their own Webcam, taking over their PC and calling them out over the pc speakers.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That was awesome!! They freaked the hell out.
------------------------------------------