light bulb ban -bet were next here.

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

light bulb ban -bet were next here.

Post by reno »

Halogen lightbulb sales to be banned in UK from September under climate change plans .next year fluorescent lights will also begin to be phased out.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 62368.html
Executioner
Life Member

Re: light bulb ban -bet were next here.

Post by Executioner »

I pretty much converted all of my lights to LED. The latest was in my garage. I replaced the 4 fluorescent lights with LEDs. As lights burned out in the house, they were replaced with LEDs. So I would say about 90% of my house has LEDs. Just waiting for the remainder of lights to burn out.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: light bulb ban -bet were next here.

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, all lights in the new house, and the two recent investment remodels are LED. Only incandescent we use are candelabra bulbs. The fake filament ones look great, but I have yet to find a candelabra LED that dims reliably. They're getting better though. It's an issue with both the bulbs and the dimmers, and you just have to find a combination that works for you.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "