Maytag wash machine problem (only 15 month old )

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Maytag wash machine problem (only 15 month old )

Post by reno »

dam machine like said is only 15 months old .
the unit washed the wifes clothing ít even spin then before it lost power . the problem is the lids locked close. the unit a top load glass lid with all the bells to it . it a MVW8230hc .call Maytag and there going to cover this even do its 3 months pass the one year warranty .the transmission covered for 10 year parts and labor only . the unit will be sitting till next Tuesday before the service tech can get here . that was the first opening avail.
right now the unit dead there no power to the control panel and the lids locked closed with damp clothing in it, :(
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Maytag wash machine problem (only 15 month old )

Post by Executioner »

We just bought a new Maytag dishwasher 3 weeks ago with a 10 year warranty. I hope it does not crap out. It replaced our GE that lasted only 6 years. It came with the house new. They just don't make them like they use to. When we moved in this new house in 2015, we bought a brand new Samsung refrigerator. It lasted only 2 years and was not repairable because of the ice maker. It also started to make loud noises. Really disappointed in Samsung which means I doubt I would buy any appliance from Samsung. They make good electronics but not appliances. Even our Samsung washer had to be repaired due to the lid blowing off.
My parents bought appliances that would last 20 years.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Can you shim the lid to push the lock actuator so you can open the lid? I Have an LG top loader and there's quite a bit of play in the lid when it's locked. Something like a bent wire clothes hanger may fit in the gap.
reno

Post by reno »

Maytag replacing the computer board and control panel . I missed a nasty bill on this repair. we looked up parts alone and it been a enough. to kick the unit to the curb if it had to come out of my pocket .then add in labor /service fee's of $130.00 per trip . parts are $650 for both to $925.00 depending on were we looked on line .plus shipping and taxs then add in 2 tech service calls at $130.00 each ! :(
Last edited by reno on Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I hate that many modern appliances are basically disposable.
reno

Post by reno »

not great news today .
The part(s) that were ordered for the repair of your MAYTAG WASHER on our job 784242 have been ordered. We do not have an anticipated arrival date; however, will contact you once we receive the part to schedule a new appointment.
We apologize for this delay and we will continue to expedite this order.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

That sucks. The supply chain on parts is still disrupted right now. You'd think it would be more efficient for them to replace the entire washer.

Remember the old commercials of the Maytag repair guy being bored because he had nothing to do?
reno

Post by reno »

got this email today :(
who guess there be a core deposit or even a core exchange needed ?
Dear MICHAEL ***********

We regret to inform that we are still waiting for one or more parts as needed for repair on your MAYTAG WASHER (Our ID # 784242).

Sadly, the pandemic has disrupted manufacturer supply chains. In result we are finding it's often not possible to obtain parts in the timely manner we are otherwise used to. Regardless, here is a report on item(s) ordered for your repair:

1 CNTRL ELEC $60 CORE, promised ETA is 9/20/21
1 CNTRL ELEC $60 CORE, promised ETA is 9/20/21

Please be assured we are doing everything possible to obtain what's required for completion of your repair. We know it's important to you. It is likewise important to us. We'll contact you for scheduling just as soon as we have the needed parts
reno

Post by reno »

Still Backorder as email and text received yesterday. :(
maybe by Christmas we'll get this repaired sure hope sooner !
that's only101 days away now .
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I don't know if you watch the news, but shipments are delayed for several reasons. Not enough truck drivers. Cargo ships sitting outside of Oakland waiting to be unloaded, because they don't have enough workers. Having parts made is also an issue for raw materials. Yeah this woo-flu fucked everything up in the world.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Executioner wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:29 pm I don't know if you watch the news, but shipments are delayed for several reasons. Not enough truck drivers. Cargo ships sitting outside of Oakland waiting to be unloaded, because they don't have enough workers. Having parts made is also an issue for raw materials. Yeah this woo-flu fucked everything up in the world.
At least an entire year where CDL training schools were closed, so no new drivers to replace lost drivers or support the demand.
reno

Post by reno »

Just got word tomorrow is repair day -they just sent me a email that between 8-noon service guy will be here.
arrive at 7:45 am done by 8:30 am new brain and new front control panel with selector knob pre installed in it. all was just just plug and play and about a crap load of small self taping screws that were r/r . reprogram by pushing the control panel buttons and wala all worked ! wife already done 2 loads of wash and its 11:30 am . she a happy camper !