$2,500 Ethernet Switch Effectively Isolates Audiophiles From Cash

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

$2,500 Ethernet Switch Effectively Isolates Audiophiles From Cash

Post by FlyingPenguin »

A fool and his money are soon parted...

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ether ... udiophiles
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: $2,500 Ethernet Switch Effectively Isolates Audiophiles From Cash

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And along the same lines, this SSD makes your audio files sound better. Well it's got a couple of BIG capacitors, so that has to help. RIGHT? Funny, how those caps will also prevent you from using an SSD heatsink.

Solid Snake-Oil Storage: This SSD Is Aimed at Audiophiles
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvme- ... udiophiles

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

:smackme

Crazy what people will buy, under the impression they're getting some perceived improvement.
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Like any audiophile would use digital to begin with! :rolleyes:
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

One of my favorite BS Audiophile items is the Compact Disc Demagnetizer. https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories ... magnetizer

For $300, the device "Improves Digital Playback, Both Audio and Video".

For years, manufactures have been trying to apply analog principles to the digital realm. Static is a big problem for vinyl if you live in a dry area. I've had the entire slip mat come off with the vinyl before. Using a humidifier and an anti-static brush will help. For optical playback, static just isn't an issue. Polycarbonate will can a minuscule charge but it wont affect the laser. The laser only needs to see the data. Making sure your discs are dust and fingerprint free is the best thing you can do.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah but people naive
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

CD demagnetizer. Lol!

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Err wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:31 am For years, manufactures have been trying to apply analog principles to the digital realm. Static is a big problem for vinyl if you live in a dry area. I've had the entire slip mat come off with the vinyl before. Using a humidifier and an anti-static brush will help. For optical playback, static just isn't an issue. Polycarbonate will can a minuscule charge but it wont affect the laser. The laser only needs to see the data. Making sure your discs are dust and fingerprint free is the best thing you can do.
Jesus! Hard to believe someone would spend that kind of money on snake oil. As for static when playing vinyl, I use a device called "Milty Zerostat 3".

The one I have was made in England and not crap China. Works very well when I was living in Southern CA in Hemet with had a lot of dry air. I've also purchased a record cleaning machine, and after cleaning, they go into a new anti-static vinyl sleeve.