been in Florida to long

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

been in Florida to long

Post by reno »

it's only 43 degree outside right now at 8 pm . but to me it feels like it below Zero . funny how after 5 years of living down here full time . your body changes .when living in Michigan if the temperature was this. we think it was a heat wave and be playing outside . just have on a hoodie on unzipped.
here were have the heat going full blast and everyone is hibernating !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: been in Florida to long

Post by FlyingPenguin »

26 degrees at 7am here just north of you in Central FL. No wind, so it was actually quite nice. Had to run out and check the guest house, RV and new investment house that's under construction for frozen pipes. The well pipes froze a bit at the construction site because no one insulated the pipes, but no damage. I went ahead and insulated it myself this morning. Should have thought of that yesterday.

Lost power for an hour while they replaced a bad transformer across the street. First time in 4 years my generator has had to kick in.

Now at 11am it's 47 degrees. Going to hit the porch for a cigar.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Wait...what? I though you guys in Florida would consider a cold temperature anything below 60F.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Was in Tallahassee this weekend, freezing and windy on Saturday morning. Had a tour of FSU scheduled at 8am, we walked away after like 5 minutes :) Didn't really need it, been there before.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

we lost power like 6 time for a couple of mins to 5 mins or longer last night -it sucked my printer in are bedroom and it keep rebooting .finely got up at like 4:30 and pulled the plug on it and are Alexa in the living room . then stayed up till like 6:00 or 6:30 am it was happening all over my area in pasco county. even my cell service was out for a while this morning .at about 6am we had enough and tried calling the electric. what a joke this turned out to be . at first the cell was dead then could only get a prerecorded service were you just press 1-4 on your key pad to report what type of problem . like line down or down telephone pole .nothing quite fit for are type of power outage .did drop down to about 32 or 33 degrees last night and we were lucky the winds subsided from were they had been the last 24 hours with gusts upwards of 25 -35 mph .they were more like 5-15 all night . today we got up to about 54 degree in tampa at my daughters and sunny .this was a major improvement from the last 24 to 48 hours ! tomorrow is said to be back around 70 for a high .
even Saturdays Gasparilla Pirate Invasion Parade had to be rerouted do to the bad weather . it like a version of New orleans Mardi Gras but on the water front . they still toss plastic beads and lots of partying but more controlled . for those that haven't been or heard about it in tampa . here a link .
https://main.gasparillapiratefest.com/