amazon how can it keep going ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

amazon how can it keep going ?

Post by reno »

I'm amazed how much stuff my Daughter and son-in-law keep returning to amazon. they order stuff like 2 to 3 of a item .same type just different style or color .they return what they don't like .its like a revolving door at there place with amazon . I feel bad when we need to return a Item to them or any store for that matter . don't get me wrong if a Item broke or wrong size or color when it arrives we have no problem returning it. but it crazy how much these two order and return . ya its hard to see a Item true color or material it made of online not like walking into a brick and mortar store and grabbing a item off the shelf we know . but still returns have to a big hit for amazon .today they just sent back a 13'x13' Pop Up Gazebo do to it being to large for there area . you think you measure before you order something like this not just guess it fit in the area you plan to use it in. ok im done shaking my head and rolling my eyes now . :bang
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: amazon how can it keep going ?

Post by Losbot »

My wife returns like 15-20 items a month, easily.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You guys drop them off at a UPS Store? That's the easiest. Don't even have to pack it. That was actually a brilliant move on Amazon's part. Most items are small and they just get bagged and tossed into a big box that gets picked up by an Amazon truck and Amazon saves a ton on shipping that way.

Good business for my UPS Store as well, where I have a mail box. That and Comcast and CenturyLink returns, gives them a nice extra income.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Around here we have a lot of options for returns, UPS Pickup, UPS Store dropoff, Wholefoods, Khols, couple more options... closet for me is a UPS Store that's right next to the Publix I shop at less than 5 minutes from my house. We return something every once in a while, usually it's some type of clothing. Just today I'm returning some Adidas pants that are too big for my kid. 15-20 a month to Amazon? my wife is the same, except the returns are to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc. lol Could be worse, she could be shopping at more expensive stores :)
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I've only returned 3 items in 2 years of ordering. I think Amazon will sell these returns dirt cheap, because we have someone in our town that is always having a garage sale full of Amazon returns.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Some things can't be legally sold as new if opened, or are just not worth spending the money on labor to test to see if it can be resold, even as an open box. So what Amazon does is just sell boxes full of returns. They're sold blind like storage the unit contents auctions. There's a lot of videos on Youtube about people buying them like this one:

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.