Daylight saving time ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Daylight saving time ?

Post by reno »

thoughts about daylight savings time . save it or toss it ?
psypher
Golden Member

Re: Daylight saving time ?

Post by psypher »

The time change should be stopped, but standard time should used, not daylight savings.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I don't care witch one, just stop the time change.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pick one and stay on it. Don't care which.

BTW: Florida and several other states have already passed voter approved bills to remain on DST, but it requires a change of law by congress, and congress can't agree on the f'ing time of day right now.

Frankly, if the governors had any balls they would just implement it and say F' it. What's the fed going to do? Call us an hour early?
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmmm... Maybe there's hope:
The Senate unanimously approved a measure Tuesday that would make daylight saving time permanent across the United States next year.

The bipartisan bill, named the Sunshine Protection Act, would ensure Americans would no longer have to change their clocks twice a year. But the bill still needs approval from the House, and the signature of Joe Biden, to become law.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -permanent
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

And just when most devices were changing times automatically.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:12 pm And just when most devices were changing times automatically.
LOL - yeah I did not think of that. So if this passes, there are lots of devices that change automatically. So with that being said, now those devices will have to be adjusted manually unless it has an option to to disable DST.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Most do have options to disable it.

Yeah, ironically, ALMOST everything in my house changes time automatically, except the oven. Oh and my wife's fancy shmancy 2018 Navigator, Tesla wanna-be. Despite the fact that it connects to to my Wifi every night for updates (my untrusted Wifi network - I don't allow anything but our PCs and phones on the trusted network), it inexplicably has no ability to synchronize with a time server, so I have to adjust her clock manually.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I have lots of manual clocks so I would love to not have to change them all. The kuku clock is hard enough to get to just keep normal time with out adjusting it every week. It changes as the pendulum is wood and I suspect changes weight based on the humidity. Also have vintage neon clocks but they are all AC driven so they keep good time until the power goes out.