Patting myself on my back for fixing the fridge

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Patting myself on my back for fixing the fridge

Post by FlyingPenguin »

We have a mini fridge under the kitchen counter for beverages. It started leaking water a few days ago. I finally decided to pull it out and look at it. Sure enough, the drain pan was completely dry so I knew it had to be a clogged drain.

Took a while to figure out how to get to it. In retrospect it's actually easy, and I documented it with photos for next time. It didn't help that the cap on the end of the drain, meant to prevent the water from splashing and getting on the electrical components, was on so tight that there was just a thin gap for the water to trickle out, and it got crudded up easily. Someone at the factory pushed it in too far.

So cleaned it out, replaced it, with the cap allowing an 1/8" gap this time, and it should be good for a long time.

Yeah, could have called a repair man. Might have even still been under warranty after 4 years, but I knew it should be an easy job.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Patting myself on my back for fixing the fridge

Post by Executioner »

We just fixed out bathroom sink that would "gurgle" when water was draining. I got a thin flexible wire and I pulled some hair and other gunk. Now it runs great with no gurgling. With a bad back, I did not want to try and get underneath the sink to disconnect the rod to pull it out.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Get yourself one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Oanie-Remover-Cl ... B08YY57WY6

I have to clean the drain in my sinks regularly because I'm on well water and bacterial mats grow in the drains (no chlorine in the water).
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

I use this to help clean the bacterial growth if you want to look into it/try it out.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-clean-Drain- ... B001N09KN4