Have you gotten the Wu-Flu yet?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Executioner
Life Member

Have you gotten the Wu-Flu yet?

Post by Executioner »

My wife and I did this last week.

We attended a family gathering down in San Diego on the 7th. No one was wearing a mask. We were scheduled to leave San Diego on the 10th via airport. So the following days of the 8 and 9th, we spent some time checking out the beaches and other attractions, i.e. playing tourist, even though I was born in San Diego in 1955 and left in 1981.

Anyway, as we were leaving and heading to the San Diego airport, it was packed with people! It was not like the air port in Sacramento that we flew out of. We were lucky to even get a seat while waiting for the plane. We think we got it from either inside the airport terminal, or from the air port shuttle that picked us up. So On Sunday the 15th, my wife began not feeling that great. She tested herself on Monday the 16th with an in-house test kit, and it was positive right away (she got the 2 black bars within just a few minutes).

So I decide to test myself, and it was negative. I then decide to go to the clinic to confirm that same Monday, and it was negative, but they told me to come back on Wednesday the 18th to confirm. All this time, my only symptoms were a scratchy throat. On Tuesday the 17th however, I was congested but still thinking that I may be okay. The test on Wednesday confirmed that I had the Wu-Flu. They suggested I go and get the Monoclonal Antibody treatment which I did on Thursday the 19th. https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/what-are-mo ... antibodies

So now I just have to ride this out. As of this typing, I'm still congested, BUT NOT IN MY CHEST OR LUNGS. The congestion has only been in my head. I have no problems breathing, and I'm able to walk around etc.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Have you gotten the Wu-Flu yet?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Feel better soon!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

opps wrong flu - dummy my didn't realize till we look it up you were talking covid . luck here no had it or anyone close in the family to me.
wife sister got it .also wifes old boss .both are dealing with long term problems . wife boss was force to retire from getting covid. she was working as a head nurse at a hospital and got it at work. im really glad wife retired from nursing before covid even was around. she retired both her michigan and florida nursing License's about 3 years ago.

Hope you feel better really soon . im dumb founded at people when you hear some say they aren't vaccinated even if the first injection . and there are some in my 55 and over community .we just stay clear of them for are own safety .
will say being a grand parent has change me -I don't feel like I'm bullet proof any more . well do what ever we can to keep him safe . last 1 1/2 to 2 year we had so many injection .reminded me of when I join the service and day one I was a pin cushion when I arrived at basic training.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

We've been back to normal, restaurants, travelling, concerts, flying, etc... We've all dodged it so far, knock on wood. We have continued to be diligent of our hygiene and using masks in crowded places like the airport and on airplanes, trains, etc.

Wish you and your wife a speedy recovery!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I had the initial does of Moderna, then another one a month later, and a booster in December.

Normally when I get a cold, the congestion will last about a week, then some dry coughing for another week. I'm curious to see how this one plays out over time.