who to be piss off at - IRS or Wife

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

who to be piss off at - IRS or Wife

Post by reno »

anyone else still waiting for there 2021 tax refund ?
its a who to blame game game here the wife , me or IRS .
at least we didn't have to pay :)
we should of filed on-line . but she wanted to save the filing fee so she sent it via the mail .
WE could of done them -but let her have her way - she can be tight at times .
my understanding is they will now be tacking on Interest to are return. when ever they cut the refund check .
funny in a way - this is like the 2nd time uncle had to pay us interest for late refunds on taxs.
still better then about 8 years ago when we had to pay them . penalty and fines and hire a tax accountant to a tone of about what the IRS wanted extra :(
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: who to be piss off at - IRS or Wife

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I think you're supposed to be able to track the status nowadays. Did she send the forms certified mail?

I do electronic filing, but through my CPA. It usually is quicker since they don't have to scan the documents. However I send all my quarterly payments via certified mail. I like to have a paper trail.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.