grandson Dilemma need ideas !

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

grandson Dilemma need ideas !

Post by reno »

we just replaced are living room furniture . the new set a reclining sofa and a reclining chair .both are electric reclining .not wall hugger type . now were worried about the power cords as he running behind the couch . he only 15 month old so this will be the case for a while . my furniture lay out is
lamp end table. sofa power recliner. then a second -lamp end table next a 2 ft space about and the electric reclining chair . were needing to keep about 1 1/2 foot open behind the sofa . there about 6 inch of space at the top headrest of the couch and wall clearance . sadly we didn't think about the power cord problem when we order the furniture . him being able to run and trip on them . new grandparents :)
the problem is cant add floor outlets as we have cement floors here in Florida .when we were in Michigan been a easy fix. being wood floors there and
house had a basement . we just spent $6000,00 for just the leather sofa and chair ! not any other furniture yet !
Executioner
Life Member

Re: grandson Dilemma need ideas !

Post by Executioner »

Furniture - very expensive when you buy it, but worthless when you want to get rid of it by selling it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well maybe this is not fair as I've never been a parent, but I have done my fair share of babysitting friend's kids. Stop worrying about it. Kids trip and fall, they get hurt, they learn a life lesson and move on. Fact of life. You can't protect them from everything.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Executioner wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:08 pm Furniture - very expensive when you buy it, but worthless when you want to get rid of it by selling it.
this is no lie. I was content with what we had but wife wanted a change .