I got Disney+ free for 6 months with a Verizon upgrade

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

I got Disney+ free for 6 months with a Verizon upgrade

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was on a very old 4GB shared plan and it just wasn't cutting it anymore. Wife and I use a lot of data now. So I had to upgrade to one of the newer Unlimited plans, and as a perk, they gave me 6 months of Disney+ for free, and then it's almost half the normal price per month after that and I can cancel anytime.

Just in time as Dancing With the Stars moved to Disney+ and I wasn't looking forward to having to download them.

We have been enjoying a lot of the content on Disney+. Tonight, the wife and I watch Hamilton (the Disney+ version was a special 2016 performance with the original cast). Glad to have finally seen it, and with the original cast. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I know the musical might not be to everyone's taste, but if you never plan on watching it, at least watch King George's three numbers. They're used as breaks between the acts, and they are hysterically funny. Best quality I could find on YouTube, but it's all three of his numbers:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Re: I got Disney+ free for 6 months with a Verizon upgrade

Post by psypher »

One of our plans included Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. Of course I had picked up the 3 year Disney+ that was < $4 a month back when it came out, they put it on hold while the Verizon plan is in place which I guess will only happen if I ever leave Verizon.

I don't see many musicals, but I did see Hamilton in person and it really is great, even for non-musical audiences.