panic buying by me again

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

panic buying by me again

Post by reno »

gas stations are out of gas . the stores out of bottle water .store shelfs are running out of staples .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: panic buying by me again

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Some context: There's a hurricane coming. :)

Yeah, I always stock up BEFORE hurricane season. Only thing I was chasing down yesterday was water for friends and family who didn't stock up.

PRO TIP: Office Depot and Staples for water. No one ever thinks to go there, and they usually have a lot to start with. By today, though, they might be out, but I found plenty in stock yesterday at Staples.

All vehicles and cans gassed up thursday.

At least people are taking the storm seriously.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:53 am Some context: There's a hurricane coming. :)
At least people are taking the storm seriously.
we agree with you .as of today my areas on the outer banks. as it will be going up the gulf of Mexico as a cat 4 . also by tomorrow that track can change again . we will get something from the storm just how much rain/wind is the question.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Our son is at FSU, we just came from there today. Water was low, but everything else seemed normal. Depending on how things progress, could be a different story come Tuesday. If they close up and evacuate, he'll just come back home with a friend.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Spent the day installing storm shutters with my maintenance man at two of our rentals. Damn I'm sore. Those things look easy, but it takes around 3 hours a house. My house and his house tomorrow.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

this storm a tuff one to call .its going to hit Florida just were is the problem . by tomorrow we should all have a much better idea . it is also a strong storm and getting stronger .without anything in its way to weaken it before it makes land on Florida .
reno

Post by reno »

today plan's bring into garage all the lawn furniture and start prep for IAN . but not till this afternoon first have a couple of client to service .one will be installing her storm shutters. we know the storms coming and today will be dry so may as well get it done.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Thankfully my son called me as soon as the school announced that classes were cancelled for the rest of the week. I was able to get him a flight home tomorrow (friend was taking to long to decide). Within an hour, all 5-6 flights were sold out, at least on Delta.
reno

Post by reno »

psypher wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:05 pm Thankfully my son called me as soon as the school announced that classes were cancelled for the rest of the week. I was able to get him a flight home tomorrow (friend was taking to long to decide). Within an hour, all 5-6 flights were sold out, at least on Delta.
great to hear the local news said were going to feel the brunt of this storm for 3 days here . my daughter and her husband and my grandson. maybe coming to my place there right in tampa and in a 2 story wood frame home . mine a block home were both not in flood zones thank god . with up to 15 inch of rain predicted to fall over the 3 days plus storm surge along the coast line . we just hope there correct and it slows to tropical storm. when it get here and not a cat 2 or worst . shit just got new report it be a cat 2 to a cat 1 when it hits my area were just north of st.pete - tampa . and to stick around for 2.5 to 3 days by the time it moves away . so we are expecting to see lots of damage .
reno

Post by reno »

Image power inverter and back up battery's ready also a weather radio in the background ready if we loose power and about 1/2 dz flashlight. lots of Maglights and some more ridgid flashlights and more batterys . all though out the house and garage .