OT/ password problem

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

OT/ password problem

Post by reno »

I'M between should I or Shouldn't try resetting a password for a site we use all the time . the reason is they have a new cell phone app. that would make my life a lot easier. the problem is we can't remember the password we use on are laptop .that not a biggie it be easy to reset that to .but we also have 3 or 4 areas we use passwords on for this same company at different levels / departments . were afraid it might also reset some or all of them to . this would or could start a chain reaction we really don't want to affect . in the pass it affected these other department we deal with at least a couple time a month . this department just rebuilt it web site and we had to assign a new pass code about 2 months ago . to be truthful we don't have much faith in there IT department on the writing of the code . this last week after being down for a month .they just reopened the website and its mess .im guessing there still working and testing it out. so i'm not sure as of right now even do we have to use it. that it will stay the way it is today . the old site was much easier to use . it also give us more product description ,shipping information .
the main problem is we can't sit on are laptop all day .so we need to be more Mobil and sign in on are cell phone . you couldn't do this on there old platform . just needed to vent and figure it out on my own . i have spoke to a team member out west and he agree, not sure if this new platform is still in testing or were stuck dealing with it. we have no one to write /call to give are input we just have to work with the tools in hand . :(

like I said we just needed to vent .and this week was the first sampling of there new platform .
Executioner
Life Member

Re: OT/ password problem

Post by Executioner »

On my phone, I use an app called Safe Notes. It allows me to store passwords that I don't want to share or make available to anyone but myself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US