big box store's amaze me at times .

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

big box store's amaze me at times .

Post by reno »

we may of posted about this in part before .
on December 5 th 2022 we took a Ridgid cordless 18 g trim nail gun in to be repaired at my local Home depot with a tool rental. was told it be a $30 plus tax depost . also told it take maybe 6 weeks to repair ( in part do to the holiday season ) . well we waited and waited ,then call the end of January and told they were waiting on parts to fix it. so we waited and still no word. so come middle of February roomers start online that home depot will be getting out of tool repair service for Ridgid . we call are local store again and told if they have it it will be repaired . so about 2 weeks ago we call the store , told per there report on the computer , as of the February 16th the trim gun will be shipped back to the store and they are to refund my depost money. Monday still no trim gun or call so we stop into the store . we were given a brand new updated model off the shelf . no sales slip just here you go your free to walk out with it. also when the paper work get to the store they will refund my deposit money to my CC card . we get the parking lot with the gun and who returning my call from earlier in the morning .its Ridgid and we tell the person ( Tom ) on the phone about no sales slip and he register the new gun with the LSA (lifetime service agreement ) right there in the store parking lot . im happy and all is good .
today we get a call from Home Depot tool repair - the girl said my tool will be returned to the store . we will be refunded are deposit fee .given back the original broken trim gun .were to contact Ridgid to fine and send /take are tool to be repaired . all we could say was ok to the girl on the phone at this point . seeing they gave me a brand new trim gun -and refunded my deposit money 2 days ago. on a side note the asst .department mrg. asked the sales person who help me for a count and list of the peoples tools just the one store had out like me . he told him there like 4 pages worth .the manager said were talk about 100 people or 25 people per sheet x 4 ' of tools being returned to just that store. try take in for all the brands they sold for warranty repairs. time that by all the store national that a whole lot of unhappy people im sure ! :bang sure glad we did what we did and not waited longer or we been screwed or waiting still for are gun to be repaired plus out more money to ship it to a repair shop .next nearest one happen to be 1 1/2 hours each way from my home .he is only open 8-11 am daily m-f .talked to him and he was grumpy on the phone to .
(this is a $250.00 tool iIwas not looking forward to replacing if . but may of due to needing it right away and its only one we have . most tools we have 2 or 3 of we use.
normalicy

Re: big box store's amaze me at times .

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, tool repair has been an issue with me as well. We used to have a place dedicated to Porter Cable/Dewalt that I could mostly count on taking care of my warranty repairs. They ended up going out of business a couple years ago. Now, there's nobody near me to do it. And of course, the tool quality hasn't been improving.