Freestanding Electric Fireplace

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Freestanding Electric Fireplace

Post by reno »

spent the better part of today assembly this unit 10 am to 9 pm less maybe 3 hours . will have to get back at it tomorrow for a couple of more hours . we did get the wood part of this unit assemble today tomorrow is just installing the fireplace unit that sits in the middle . the unit is well design as sturdy and was all screw and those dam cam's and pin's even the rear cardboard panels are screwed on not the little nails . most furniture you assemble design for you to hammer in place. i'm just glad this is for our self . not for a client who would of asked me for a bid price to put together for them . we would of taken a beating . I never would of never guess this much time involved . make one wonder how many unit get returned once the buyer realizes how much work involved putting stuff together !
we layout all the parts and the hardware before we started assembly. took about 45 min to a hour unpacking the carton alone. glance over the instructions all 22 pages before we started .we stop tonight at page15 so 7 more pages that for the fireplace assemble and installing. also cover how to work the controls . the whole unit except for the back panels we used a hand screw drive. we cheated on the 24 -30 screw installing the rear panels and use my 12v cordless screw driver with the tork set way down to like 8 or 10 . like this but with glass fronts on the doors .
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Freestanding Electric Fireplace

Post by reno »

the last part fireplace sec. only took a hour to build and install !