this is kind of sad !

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

this is kind of sad !

Post by reno »

The wife asked me what I'd like for Christmas. I couldn't think of a thing we wanted. now it seems we just buy or get what we want. being retired and working part time doing a Handyman service .( I get to pick and choose what job's we take on ) we are not hurting for cash any more .any money I make is are spare spending cash. things have sure changed from when we lived in Michigan . there it was like we lived pay check to pay check . :santa
Executioner
Life Member

Re: this is kind of sad !

Post by Executioner »

LOL same here. I retired in May 2020, and the wife retired in 2015. I actually retired 1 year earlier than I wanted, but at the height of the Wu-Flu, I decided to retire in May when I turned 65. My only jobs now are doing things around the house, playing video games, and repairing laptops that I sell making a very small profit. The wife is involved in selling Young Living products and quilting.

I have no idea what to get my wife because we each buy things during the year. The only presents we get would be for our 3 kids. I'm currently waiting for probate to be settled on my mom's house that was located in San Diego. The distribution is suppose to happen in March of 2024. I have only a couple of bills that I want to pay off, then we will be free and clear except for the mortgage that we have at 2.75%. I'm so glad I refinanced.