Wedding sticker shock !

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Wedding sticker shock !

Post by reno »

we just looked into going to a good friends Daughter wedding at the end of summer . Im like sticker shock at the moment . to do a Hotel stay for 3 days is about $300.00 per day - then add in meals for 2 will be about $300 -$400 for the time of are stay. then add in transportation cost air fair and rental car $1200.00 -$1500.00 Im guessing unless we drive up to Michigan . then maybe cut this to by $500 maybe . then we have to add in a wedding Gift for the couple . we will have to book the wedding night at the hotel were the wedding at for at least 1 night .to far a ride to the area we normal stay when in Michigan .
im getting sticker shock and im just a guest ! have not even talked to the wife yet about the wedding . info we just found out tonight ! (she know about the wedding and date of it .
reno

Re: Wedding sticker shock !

Post by reno »

to add to above statement - we would spend 3 days each way to drive from Florida to Michigan .we don't do the 1 or 2 day run any more each way !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I did a quick lookup for a 4 day stay flying from Orlando to Detroit Metro next month on United.com, and with hotel (I picked a more expensive Hyatt Place because I've been to those and I like them, but they had cheaper options for $220 less), round trip air and car rental (Corolla) it comes out to $1550 for the package. I think that's before tax. Add an extra $40 each for one suitcase because they nickle and dime you for that now, unless you just go carryon. I didn't bother trying to find the cheapest combinations.

I haven't flown in a while, but you generally do better on those travel sites that book the flight, room and car rental as a bundle. I think I've used Kayak.com in the past.

You gotta spend the money on meals no matter what, even if you drive.

I can't tell how much of that is the car rental, but if it was me (in an unfamiliar town) I'd skip the car rental and just use an Uber for trips. But that's me.

I just realized your trip is 3 days so you'd save some more.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

reno

Post by reno »

thanks the wedding in August . the hotel charging $35 a day to park your car . also we be flying from Tampa to Detroit Metro .the wedding 2 hours from the airport and the wedding package deal $265.00 per night plus the extra parking fee. did a bit more checking air and car rental alone will be about $1000.00 for the wife and I . then add in $900- $1000.00 for hotel stay .that taking in account room taxs. - not trying sound cheap but with dog boarding ,wedding gift and ya meals . this i see as a $3500 -$4000 wedding maybe more if we do sight seeing . and IM sure we will .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I've got a bachelor party in Aug. About a doz of us are headed to Vegas of course. Costs have been creeping up.
------------------------------------------