Ants in the Satellite Receiver

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
wvjohn

Ants in the Satellite Receiver

Post by wvjohn »

Bringing an endless and generally rotten week to its close, after resetting the post for the direct tv receiver in 80 lbs of concrete (thanks, kids, for using the old one as a soccer goal), it discovered that using the "child relay method" (dad, turn the dish 3 degrees) - ok dad 45,45,49 - etc. the best signal strength i could get was about 65, but that it was highly intermittent and the picture kept breaking up :) . Remembering that the little darlings had also been tugging on the line to the house, as any prudent pcabuser would, i decided to disassemble the receiver thingy to make sure the connection was still good, pooped that sucker off and

ANTS EVERYWHERE, BIG ONES LITTLE ONES COCOONS EGGCASES ALL OVER MY ARMS AND LEGS

wasp and hornet killer took out the first wave, then it was time to diassemble the little transponder thingy where guess who was building a nest!

shake shake shake with no. 2 son slapping the little critters down as the fell out of the transponder thingy

reassembled and booted up - now the signal strength is about 70 and there are no little footsteps interrupting the tv reception!

morale: if you live in a humid and wet area and your tv reception gets bad, check for critters. :(
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Sexy Pid

Post by Sexy Pid »

Geez, that is quite interesting!
<b>I am CANADIAN!</b>
<i>Still</i> a member of the Ukrianian <b>PCA</b> Posse!
HeatWare Evals
Ivee

Post by Ivee »

Heh...Ants are eeevil! :E
Reg Kmet
Golden Member

Post by Reg Kmet »

the ants were in the LNB? or the physical DTV reciever?
Heatware Evals
mailto:?subject=&body=
The BLACKBIRD

STILL Canada's PREMIER Trader and FOUNDER of the Ukrainian PC ABUSERS POSSE baby!
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

they were in the arm that holds the round thingy in front of the dish and in the little round thingy :(
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
poop
Golden Member

Post by poop »

That is quite icky. I have been thinking about getting DSS, but I live on the third floor of my apt building.
- p o o p
VidmanII

Post by VidmanII »

"there once was story 'bout a man named Jed ( John)
poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed....
then one day he was huntin' for some food....
and up from the ground came a bubblin' crude !!

oyl, that is, Texas tea

.........so they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverlee !! :lol
AMD Ph II X4 955 BE 3.2 @ 3.8 GHz | Scythe SCSMZ-2000 | ASRock 880GMH/USB3 | 8 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | Radeon HD5670 | Kingston 128GB SSD
MK888

Post by MK888 »

What is funny is that happens to the commercial guys all the time. The Big dish LNB's are much larger than the little one in the Directv dish. Hornets in the LNB are a common problem during the summer.
Behold The Power Of Cheese!!!!

My DVD Collection
vwkess

Post by vwkess »

they were in the arm that holds the round thingy in front of the dish and in the little round thingy

I love all the technical langauge here :lol :)