Transformers: ROTF

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
b-man1

Transformers: ROTF

Post by b-man1 »

wow...sounds like a bust. such a shame...but i'll skip paying $12.50 to see it on IMAX. :(

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transfo ... he_fallen/
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

from CNN

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" -- the most terrible revenge since Montezuma's -- is louder, longer and lamer than the 2007 hit it succeeds.
Both Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox run away a lot in new "Transformers" -- she in slow motion, says Tom Charity.

Which is saying a lot.

Long story short: The Decepticons are back, fixed on destroying Sam (Shia LaBeouf), Optimus Prime and the Earth, in that order.

Produced by Hasbro -- the accompanying trailer for "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" suggests that the company's not-exactly-subtle strategy is to mass market war toys for boys -- "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a grotesque exercise in hyperinflation. At 149 minutes, it's longer than "2001," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" or "Star Wars." In fact, this may be the emptiest epic ever made.

Director Michael Bay is famous for blowing things up, but you could invade a small country with less firepower than he expends on this extended-length commercial.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

[quote="wvjohn"]
Director Michael Bay . . .QUOTE]

That's really all you need to know when deciding to see a movie or not. He has to be one of the worst directors of all time.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

It (the preview) looked a bit cheesy & I've heard a few negative reviews from previewers (one was a woman & said that maybe she just didn't get it). I'll probably still see it for the action though.

G.I. Joe looks even wose from the previews. Now Surrogate on the other hand looks pretty neat.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Every time I hear Michael Bay all i can think of is this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Every time I hear Michael Bay all i can think of is this:
LOL, that's great. Never saw that.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Wow, sounds like it sucks. I liked the first one though.
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

I saw it at 12:25am today and loved it

I think it was better than the first, and they hit more of the origninal storys
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Goes to show, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm likely to watch it anyhow after the crowds die down just because I liked the first & even if the story is crap, I expect there will be good effects.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Movie critics are the least useful source of information when you judge how good a movie is. They seem to pound on action movies more nowadays and love those repetitive drama types.
When all else fails, replace the user.
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

normalicy wrote:Goes to show, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm likely to watch it anyhow after the crowds die down just because I liked the first & even if the story is crap, I expect there will be good effects.
There were!

One that they NEED to fix though, she is running "slow" and you can see the CGI explosions INFRONT of here when they should be behind her
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Speaking of movie critics, What crack were they smoking when they reviewed the happening? That was a crap move.

On the same token, I would like to see a Michale Bay movie with no explosions. it would be like the Happening (no twist!)
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Movie critics are the least useful source of information when you judge how good a movie is. They seem to pound on action movies more nowadays and love those repetitive drama types.
Most of the consumer reviews gave negative feedback as well. Many people said that they loved the first movie, but hated the new one. Makes me worry when even the consumers don't like it.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

normalicy wrote:Most of the consumer reviews gave negative feedback as well. Many people said that they loved the first movie, but hated the new one. Makes me worry when even the consumers don't like it.
Yes from what i have been reading this is true, but still, gonna go see it.
FanTum
Golden Member

Post by FanTum »

Great flic! Good action, still some delinquint teenage humor, but all around sweet!
"This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong!"