THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer (HD)

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer (HD)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I guess I should be glad I've never read the book, so I can avoid being part of the outrage about how the characters in the movie aren't true to the book. Apparently the gunslinger is supposed to be white? Just happy they didn't cast Will Smith.

ANYWAY, the trailer looks pretty interesting (to a noob who never read the book anyway).

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer (HD)

Post by Err »

I've read the entire series and will see this opening day if I can. Stephen King modeled the original gunslinger (Roland) after Clint Eastwood in his western days. To me, the race doesn't matter one bit. McConaughey as the "Man in Black" should be really cool. I highly recommend that you read the series at some point because the movie (hopefully movies) isn't a retelling. It's actually a continuation. I would have to spoil the books in order to show you the detail that lets those that have read all the books know.

As a huge fan of the series, I'm glad they went this route. A word for word retelling would probably be boring. I'm also glad they changed directors as Ron Howard was working on this for a while. Had he stayed, we'd probably have Tom Hanks as the gunslinger.