James Cameron Explains How Avatar Sequels Will Revolutionize 3D

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
Executioner
Life Member

James Cameron Explains How Avatar Sequels Will Revolutionize 3D

Post by Executioner »

https://screenrant.com/avatar-sequels-3d-james-cameron/

I know some have complained about the first movie Avatar, similar to the story like Dances With Wolves, but I really enjoyed the movie, and James Cameron pushing the technology. I'm curious to see the next installment of Avatar, since the first one came out in 2009.
After revolutionizing visual effects and 3D cinema with his 2009 sci-fi film Avatar, James Cameron hopes to make the four upcoming sequels just as jaw-dropping. It's been a long wait to find out what comes next for Pandora, but given that the first Avatar movie took fifteen years to get from Cameron's original treatment to the big screen, it's hardly surprising that the sequels are taking a while as well. Filming on Avatar 2 and 3 began last summer, and the next movie is set for release in December 2020.
The next step in 3D will be making it possible to watch 3D movies without the use of glasses - something that Cameron has talked about enthusiastically in the past. For now, however, he is collaborating with Dolby Cinemas to try and solve the problem of 3D movies looking too dark. "Normally, you’re looking at about three foot-lamberts," Cameron explained, referring to a unit measurement for the amount of light reflected off a movie screen. "Sixteen is what you should be seeing. That’s what movies should look like." When 3D movies are finally looking their best, the technology can move forward to even more exciting places: