Twilight Zone reboot

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
Executioner
Life Member

Twilight Zone reboot

Post by Executioner »

This is interesting. I hope it's good as the originals, but I won't hold my breath. Wonder if they will copy some of the originals, or come up with new stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jordan-peele ... 36329.html
A reboot of the classic sci-fi anthology series is in the works for CBS’ streaming content service, with Get Out writer and director Peele developing the project and serving as the series’ host. Production on the first, ten-episode season of the series is expected to begin this year, and the first, creepy teaser for the series offers a preview of Peele’s delivery of the show’s iconic introduction — made famous by original host and creator Rod Serling.

In an August 2018 interview with Deadline during the Television Critics Association press tour, CBS TV Studios EVP Original Content Julie McNamara said of the show’s status, “We have a room, we have a first season of concepts, outlines, scripts — various stages of all these things.”

The initial announcement of the project was made during a company earnings call by now-former CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves in November 2017, per The Hollywood Reporter. According to the teaser, the series will debut at some point in 2019.

Details are scarce regarding the context of the reboot, but CBS TV Studios president David Stapf indicated that “because it’s anthological you don’t need to look at it as who’s the showrunner.” Peele, X-Men franchise producer Simon Kinberg, and Daredevil and The Defenders showrunner Marco Ramirez will serve as executive producers for the series.

The Twilight Zone originally ran for five seasons between 1959 and 1964, and encompassed 156 episodes blending the sci-fi, fantasy, and horror genres. The stand-alone episodes told cautionary — and occasionally terrifying — tales that inspired generations of filmmakers in later years. Two revival series aired in the following years, with one premiering in the 1980s, and the other from 2002 to 2003.

In 1983, John Landis and Steven Spielberg produced a feature-length film based on the series. The movie featured four segments, directed by Landis, Spielberg, Joe Dante (Gremlins), and George Miller (Mad Max: Fury Road). Miller famously directed a segment about an airline passenger played by John Lithgow who sees a terrifying gremlin on the wing of the plane. The segment was an expanded retelling of an episode from the original series in which William Shatner played the passenger.

In June, Warner Bros. Pictures announced plans for a new movie based on The Twilight Zone. Screenwriter Christine Lavaf (Falling Skies, 666 Park Avenue) was hired to pen the script, which was expected to tell a single story instead of several anthology tales. Previous iterations of a planned Twilight Zone movie had Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) and Joseph Kosinski (Oblivion) attached as directors at one point, only to fade into development limbo.
Pugsley

Re: Twilight Zone reboot

Post by Pugsley »

I hope it won't tarnish the value of my pinball machine.
Err
Life Member

Re: Twilight Zone reboot

Post by Err »

I bet they bury it behind their All-Access pass. It could be good if they concentrate on the story, I don't see a full length movie working though.