Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Didn't see it in the theaters but I bought the Blu-Ray and the wife and I just watched it tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Rami Malek absolutely deserves the Oscar nomination for best actor. It's uncanny how much he moves like Freddy in the Live Aid performance.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

darcy

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by darcy »

It's in my queue,,, can't wait to see it :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I saw it in the theater and it was super fun to watch.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I just got it and will be watching it soon. FYI, about a year ago, I watched a video called 'Mercury Rising' on YouTube really did a great job of explaining Freddie Mercury.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The biggest shock I had from the film was the revelation that Freddy was born in India and was of Indian heritage. His parents and sister look Indian, but he sure didn't.

One thing I found impressive is that they worked VERY hard to make the actors in the film look exactly like the people they portrayed. The band members look exactly like them at that time and even his parents do (they show a bunch of family photos during the credits).

The film ends with the Live Aid concert at Wembly stadium and I encourage you to watch the YouTube video of the actual concert. They copied everything perfectly for the film, and it's uncanny how Rami Malek copies Freddy's grandiose style of singing. It's dead on.

Freddy successfully hid how sick he was in the last few years (they didn't get into that in the film) and still toured and did albums. There was a suspicion among the press that he might have Aids because he started looking gaunt near the end, but he was always so skinny that no one was really sure.

Good short video about his final years here that I recommend you watch after the movie.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Here's the Wembly Live Aid concert. Their performance was 24 minutes. In the movie they showed around 20 minutes. You can kind of tell why. The part they cut out of the movie had some audio glitches and they used a remastered audio of the concert for the movie.