New Apollo 11 Documentary

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

New Apollo 11 Documentary

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Put together from a lot of never before seen footage in 70mm.

Reviewers say it's best seen in an IMAX theater. Going to try to catch it next week.

https://www.fandango.com/apollo-11-2131 ... e-overview

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: New Apollo 11 Documentary

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Saw this yesterday. Sadly it's not playing in my IMAX theater here, so I had to watch it in a normal theater.

It was good. About 90 minutes. No real narration, just music and the voices of the capcoms and the astronauts, and text overlays with occasional diagrams. It shows the whole mission using footage that I've never seen before, digitally restored.

Gives you a very different take on their mission. I never knew the isolation module was moved, with the astronauts inside, from the air craft carrier and loaded on to a cargo plane and taken to the Apollo isolation lab in Houston.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: New Apollo 11 Documentary

Post by Losbot »

None of the IMAX screens here are showing it. They don't want to play that when they've got some big hits currently. Surprised the MODS in Fort Lauderdale isn't showing it. They are a damn science museum, FFS. lol