Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, announced

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, announced

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was SO hoping they would do this!
CBS has given a series order to Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, a brand new series that will be set aboard the original U.S.S. Enterprise and follow the adventures of Captain Pike, Spock, and Number One as they explore the galaxy. Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, and Rebecca Romijn, who brought the characters to life on the second season of Star Trek: Discovery, will reprise their roles.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/its-official-an ... 1843478782

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, announced

Post by Err »

Now it has, and we can’t wait to boldly go with them on some more adventures. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will be based on a story by Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman. . .
I was hopeful until I saw Kurtzman attached to the series. They really need to drop him. I think the best approach would be to bring in several guest authors and ask them to write episodes. I think each episode should be self contained and the series shouldn't have an over-arch. Maybe end the series by having them head towards the planet in The Cage.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Actually, if they continue the timeline in Star Trek Discovery,they've already been through the events of "The Cage". That was a plot feature in a Discovery episode where Pike went back there to get some help from those aliens.

I'm actually hoping they start earlier in the timeline and go back to right after Spock joined the Enterprise. There was a marvelous "Short Trek" last year where the newly arrived Spock is stuck in a turbolift with Number One for several hours. If you haven't seen it, it's great.

Two of last year's Short Treks were about Pike and the Enterprise, which is why I was hopeful they would get their own series.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm taking an extremely "wait and see" approach to the new Star Trek. It's just so not Trek to me anymore.