HBO Max free for Xfinity customers - including Wonder Woman 1984 in 4 days

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

HBO Max free for Xfinity customers - including Wonder Woman 1984 in 4 days

Post by FlyingPenguin »

HBO Max streaming service is now included for all Xfinity X1 users. I just activated it on my boxes because the wife wants to see Wonder Woman 1984 when it comes out on the 25th (all Warner Brothers films released next year will be available on HBO Max the same day it's released in theaters).

It was simple. I just said "HBO Max" into the remote, and when the app launched, selected "Sign In". You get a TV code and you have to go to their website to authorize the box. When asked, you select the option that you're joining as an Xfinity customer. It then prompted me to setup an account (just an email and password, nothing else).

The first box activated after that. The second box I just did the first part. As soon as I entered the code, it activated it.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Re: HBO Max free for Xfinity customers - including Wonder Woman 1984 in 4 days

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:HBO Max streaming service is now included for all Xfinity X1 users. I just activated it on my boxes because the wife wants to see Wonder Woman 1984 when it comes out on the 25th (all Warner Brothers films released next year will be available on HBO Max the same day it's released in theaters).

It was simple. I just said "HBO Max" into the remote, and when the app launched, selected "Sign In". You get a TV code and you have to go to their website to authorize the box. When asked, you select the option that you're joining as an Xfinity customer. It then prompted me to setup an account (just an email and password, nothing else).

The first box activated after that. The second box I just did the first part. As soon as I entered the code, it activated it.
Man, they really are scared. I can see it being offered like any other premium channel with an extra fee, but to come to an arrangement with AT&T where Comcast could offer it for free to their customers?