Life Member

John Wick is back

Post by Executioner »

I'm still amazed at the knife fight:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: John Wick is back

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You ever hear the backstory on the knife fight? There was no glass on any of those cases for both safety and because safer candy glass would have looked fake. All that glass is CGI.

Absolutelty brutal but awesome scene.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Oh, wow. I never would have guessed and yet I'm constantly reminded that I should not assume anything in movies to be real.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yah, pretty interesting how it was done:

[youtu]Meanwhile, no glass was filmed for the antiques hallway fight, where scores of knives and weapons sit behind glass-covered cabinets. Instead, the actors mimed breaking through this glass with their elbows, hands or with weapons, with Method Studios adding in glass, glass breakages and glass remnants later. The main consideration for Nederhorst here was that those antique cabinets had different glass than the office building. “The old school glass in the antique cabinets, it breaks up into medium and large pieces. For that, we did give Method some reference for how that breaking should look, and they would simulate the very distinctive cracks and pieces.”[/youtu]

https://beforesandafters.com/2019/09/16 ... -3-part-1/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.