Anyone watching The Last of Us?

Discussions about movies, the latest and greatest DVD's, Music & Anime
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Anyone watching The Last of Us?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wife and I just finished the third episode. Blown away by the production values and the story telling.

I never played the game, so I didn't know much going in. Interesting twist on the zombie apocalypse.

Pedro Pascal is amazing of course, but so is Bella Ramsey who you may remember from Game of Thrones.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Anyone watching The Last of Us?

Post by Executioner »

Yes both the wife and I have been watching it. We've finished the first 2 episodes. Haven't seen the third one yet. Interesting take on the zombie apocalypse were it's not a virus.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Third episode is very different. Amazing episode. No spoilers, but from the previews you'll already know it's mainly about Bill, a character from the game who was a prepper.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Saw episode 3 last night and the prepper Bill LOL - what a defense he had setup around the town and his bunker.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They took some liberties with his setup. We are to presume the natural gas company was located inside the compound (huge fence!), and I generously allow that the generator ran on natural gas (anyone who has a whole house generator knows how much fuel those things use), but even so I doubt that he had enough to last 20 years.

But yeah, that was an epic Mythbusters class defense system.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

has it started...Whiskey Fungus Fed by Jack Daniel's Encrusts a Tennessee Town

https://www.yahoo.com/news/whiskey-fung ... 23030.html
The ethanol-fueled fungus known as whiskey fungus has thrived for centuries around distilleries and bakeries. It’s been the source of complaints from residents who live near Kentucky bourbon distilleries, Canadian whisky makers and Caribbean rum manufacturers.

Now it is driving a wedge between some residents of Lincoln County, Tennessee, and Jack Daniel’s, the famed distillery founded in 1866 in neighboring Moore County.

For months, some residents have complained that a sooty, dark crust has blanketed homes, cars, road signs, bird feeders, patio furniture and trees as the fungus has spread uncontrollably, fed by alcohol vapors wafting from charred oak barrels of aging Jack Daniel’s whiskey.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hell of a way to go, though... :)