Nice barn finds - a ferrari and a cobra

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Pugsley

Re: Nice barn finds - a ferrari and a cobra

Post by Pugsley »

I don't get it. Who owns them if they were abandoned? And why would you abandon such expensive cars?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Nice barn finds - a ferrari and a cobra

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks like the property was condemned. I suspect the owner died, and maybe the son or some relative was told to get anything of value out of there before it was razed.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos ... to-auction
For 30 years, the world’s most valuable rodent real estate was in a garage in North Carolina. As seen on Hagerty’s Barn Find Hunter, the mice had put down roots inside a 427 Shelby Cobra and a Ferrari 275 GTB/2 Alloy, which are both finally seeing the light of day after an extended hibernation. The next challenge? Finding the cars a more proper home, of course.

Along with the Cobra and Ferrari, the garage had also housed a V-8-powered Morgan and a Triumph TR6 only 9000 miles from new.

Moving the payload

The cars had been languishing in a suburban garage since the late 1980s. I received a phone call from Warren, a friend of the cars’ owner, and he told me the city had just condemned the unoccupied property and scheduled the demolition of the garage and adjoining house. The vehicles had to be relocated.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "