2020 Camry SE

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Err
Life Member

2020 Camry SE

Post by Err »

I finally pulled the trigger and got a Camry for my commute. I kept my Challenger R/T and decided to get something much easier on gas. I opted for the 2.5L which averages 39 HWY. I'd considered a Hybrid but the ROI doesn't pan out. I couldn't see paying $5K more for the hybrid. My math said I may save $100 over 5 years. This Camry has the 8 spd auto over the CVT. It has lane assist and radar controlled cruise control. It's odd for my to drive a car where I can't see the hood.

This one does have Android Auto which seems to work fine. I connected my USB cable, performed the setup on my phone, started PowerAmp, and had sound. The maps and contacts integrate automatically. However, I installed the Toyota App and it broke the Audio. It would show a song playing but I couldn't get sound. Uninstalling the Toyota App fixed the issue. The App kept trying to pair bluetooth which screwed up the audio from my phone. Even if I physically disabled bluetooth from my phone's toolbar, it kept being re-enabled.

psypher
Golden Member

Re: 2020 Camry SE

Post by psypher »

Congrats, very nice! Does it have fake vents? :)
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

psypher wrote:Congrats, very nice! Does it have fake vents? :)
Of course it does. You can see them on the front and rear in the picture. I'm hard pressed to find many new cars that don't have them. I understand the design language and the need to break up the continuous bumpers but they could make them functional. They're the only exterior complaint I really have.

I also looked at the Accords which don't have any fake vents. Their hwy mpg is 38 but they have a CVT which I wanted to avoid.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

lol yea, I saw them, just messing with you as a tie in to the "Car Design Trends That Need to Stop" post.

You made the better choice, I used to love Honda, but their design has been a bit off for several years. Toyota at least still makes great looking cars.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Congrats, and enjoy! :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Congrats and may you have many stress-free years of use.
------------------------------------------

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

congrats -not a car guy myself any more to use to being higher up in a suv . I feel like im sitting to low own pick ups and suv to long . still thinking of getting the 2021 blazer next year if the price and reviews dont scare me to much. like to look at the toyota Highlander. if they dont screw up the design and sticker shock . i do like the interior design layout.of the Highland as they are now.