Took just 1 day of driving. TAKE MY MONEY!!

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Losbot
Almighty Member

Took just 1 day of driving. TAKE MY MONEY!!

Post by Losbot »

I got my hands on a 3 day private rental of the new 2020 Corvette. Since I can't test drive one at the dealership (they don't have ANY avail) I decided to do a "long term" test drive.
WOW! What an amazing vehicle. I always loved the car's exterior but the interior felt like they copied and pasted a Chevy Cavalier's interior, with such a cheap feel that I couldn't stand the thought of being inside of that for any period of time. They finally got their act together with the last generation (C7) and upped their game with this new C8 generation. Power, nice interior, great-sounding exhaust, etc... The infotainment is super responsive touch screen. Very fast. The features are pretty abundant and the car just has a very exotic look to it. Little touches like a front lift option to clear speed bumps or steeper driveways, that can be saved with GPS coords so it'll automatically raise it next time you approach it. Lots of neat features and pure fun to drive.

I placed a deposit on one and unfortunately because of the union strike shutdown last year and then the Covid shutdown, they're so behind now that I'm being told it could realistically be 12 to 18 months before I get mine. At least I drove one for 3 days and know what to expect, what I liked or didn't like so I can configure mine accordingly. I do not plan to get a red one, as it feels too cliche' and feel as though I need to play Prince's "Little Red Corvette" when I'm driving it. LOL

------------------------------------------

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Took just 1 day of driving. TAKE MY MONEY!!

Post by reno »

great -I know they did replace all those defective bolts per my same source who informed me about them.it was a heat treating subcontractor who ran them wrong in production.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

So where is the hot chick that is suppose to be next to you??? You know what they say about a vette...
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Executioner wrote:So where is the hot chick that is suppose to be next to you??? You know what they say about a vette...
LMFAO That's where my wife fits in the picture. I've got 15yrs on her. ;)

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Congratulations. It's probably better you waited a bit to get one. Aside from the bolt recall, there was a problem with the bonnet (I refuse to use the word "frunk") popping open. I really like this generation of Corvette and wish GM had mad the move to a Mid-Engine car a couple of generations ago.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I must say I've never been a fan of the older classic vette bodies, but I do like the newer look.

Los: We need to Photoshop your GTA avatar in front of the car. :)
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I had fun in my 1996 C4 that I had about 10 years ago, but I sold it to help support my last child in college. At that time, I had 5 cars so something had to go. Now I'm down to only 2 cars - one for me and one for the wife. That style of vette, C4, sat so low to the ground that I felt like a bug at times. It was fun taking on ramps to the freeways at 50+ when it was posted at 25. Car got 30mpg once you hit 50 mph or above. At 70mph, it was turning only 1600 rpms. My year had about 300 ponies. The best part of the car: the entire front would lift up to expose the engine and other parts. Made it easy to work on. The white one in the pic was mine. It was a group of us that had the same car that took a trip to Big Bear in Southern CA.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I must say I've never been a fan of the older classic vette bodies, but I do like the newer look.

Los: We need to Photoshop your GTA avatar in front of the car. :)
LMAO!!

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

So after months of waiting because of high demand, my order is finally being paired up with an allocation and awaiting on GM to accept it and schedule production.
I was torn between the new Red that came out for 2021 and the Ceramic Grey Metallic. The CMG was my final choice. I also opted for the convertible since it's finally a hard top and not fabric.
Plus I think the convertible has a more "exotic" look to it with the nacelles behind the seats.

Here's what it should look like....

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I like the ceramic grey metallic, and it goes nice with the red interior.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

sweet - not for me do . I know i'd be like I was as a young adult in no time. 22 +points driver license's suspended . insurance payments that are more then my car and house payment's combined .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I like the ceramic grey metallic, and it goes nice with the red interior.
Thanks. I saw similar in person and loved it.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

reno wrote:sweet - not for me do . I know i'd be like I was as a young adult in no time. 22 +points driver license's suspended . insurance payments that are more then my car and house payment's combined .
Ouch. I've been a good boy the last 20yrs, with a clean record. Time to get it smudged up a little. ;)
LOL

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Very Nice!
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

So after almost a year, my car was built on Tuesday and I'm now waiting for it to get to my dealer, located in MD. They'll do all the inspection stuff, paperwork, yada yada yada and then once completed, the auto transport will load into the enclosed trailer and do their whole white glove delivery down to Florida. Hopefully have it within 2 weeks.