remote start

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

remote start

Post by reno »

its one of the things Im use to be standard equip on my car these days . it been on all my wife's cars going all the way back to her Buick Summerset. it came factory equip.as part of the package when we bought them , in my 2014 Toyota Camry se we got from my daughter . it was not equip. with it this seems odd as a missing option. now my son -inlaw just bought a 2022 Toyota Sienna hybrid that loaded its a monthly service fee to use it even do its factory installed on the car. to me its crazy as I'm use to it just coming on a American car and no extra fee. im missing it on my Camry so may have a aftermarket installed. im still up in the air to do it as it be a extra key bob . not sure how keen im on having a generic unit wired into the factory wiring system , we know they use to be hit and miss a couple years down the road years ago .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: remote start

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Never had remote start in a car until the Lincoln Navigator. Comes in handy, like today. Three cats in the car returning from the vet, and I needed to stop and get my mail at the UPS store, so I left it running with the air on for them.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: remote start

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:27 pm Never had remote start in a car until the Lincoln Navigator. Comes in handy, like today. Three cats in the car returning from the vet, and I needed to stop and get my mail at the UPS store, so I left it running with the air on for them.
And actually, if your Lincoln is like ours, you can simply exit, leaving the motor running and lock the doors. No need to exit, lock then remote start. (Assuming you were doing that)
------------------------------------------