Best sports car for the money?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
SlowSS
Genuine Member

Post by SlowSS »

Originally posted by PreDatoR
Trans Am's and Camaro's are nice but there's just one problem their a product of GM.... :D
That's all right, I'll wave bye-bye as you suck in my exhaust. :D
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I'd hope so since the primary car i drive is a gutless 4 banger korean rice POS that needs to have a new home in the junk yard... lol :D oh but i'll wave at you when your filling up and i still have half a tank left :D
SlowSS
Genuine Member

Post by SlowSS »

Originally posted by PreDatoR
I'd hope so since the primary car i drive is a gutless 4 banger korean rice POS that needs to have a new home in the junk yard... lol :D oh but i'll wave at you when your filling up and i still have half a tank left :D
LOL...Yeah, you're right about getting better gas milage then my beast.

But I still get 25 MPG on the HWY and 18 on the city, while enjoying 350 HP/360 TQ. :p
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

ya but when your foot is in it you only get about 10 and thats when it really sucks! literally :D I have a 72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 65 Pontiac 389 V8 in it... custom built well all the mechanical stuff is done i just need to get my lazy butt out there and finish the body work now lol buddy of mine has access to a dyno we put it on there after i got the truck all running and broke in... 328 hp on the rear axle @ 4800 rpm's i was pleased it flat shits and gets when it counts and has tons of low end torque for pulling which is what it was built for. 4.10 gears and 33" tires :D put a locker in the rear so i can keep from popping a tire loose.
SsZERO
Genuine Member

Post by SsZERO »

I manage a steady 15 MPG average city+hwy combined with my WS6, and when I have "fun" it may drop to 14 MPG. On roadtrips, I have no problem getting 22-25 MPG while cruising at 80 MPH. While there is no doubt that the newer I4 engines get better fuel economy, they can get just as thirsty when you get on the pedal. Furthermore, when you add it all up, your annual savings in fuel cost are minimal. You might save $200 a year, $300 if you are really a granny driver...I don't know about you, but I got another $200-$300 a year in my pocket if it means I can enjoy driving as much as I do. :)

I think 2005 is the year to watch...GM is supposedly switching most of their cars back to RWD platform, and additionally, developing new V8 engines with "displacement on demand". Basically, these engines will be able to crank out the power and torque, but only when needed. Otherwise, the engine can shut off up to 4 of its 8 cylinders to save gas. They're also talking of playing the hybrid game, having an electric motor assist with stop-n-go driving -- that is the worst type of driving you can do from a fuel economy standpoint.

Don't be dissing GM...their interiors may never win a beauty contest, and the QC could be better...but they do have the best bang-for-buck for any of their cars, in any class they produce.
-= SsZERO =-
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I'd prefer quality and reliability over bang for buck anyday... who gives a rats ass who's car is the fastest and handles the best if the POS falls apart before 100k which most new American made cars are so common of doing these days...
SsZERO
Genuine Member

Post by SsZERO »

American cars outsell "imports" by approximately 3 to 1...so if both american and import cars had the same amount of defective units, there would be 3 times as many defective american cars -- but in fact, there are not that many defective american cars.

I've had no reliability or quality issues with any of my american cars, and if I did, it is cheap and easy to fix on my own. Routine maintenance is all you need to keep pretty much any car driving like new.
-= SsZERO =-
Piper

Post by Piper »

2800+ @ 3200+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
512meg PC3200
BFG 5950 Ultra
Audigy 2 ZS

<A HREF="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=1966">[align=center]<I><B>HEATWARE</center</I></B></A>
mailto:?subject=&body=
SsZERO
Genuine Member

Post by SsZERO »

Aw, you didn't get any good shots of that chick. :)

But the car seems like it would be fun to drive around in.
-= SsZERO =-
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

The STi would be like my dream car (reality wise). 300-horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 300 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,000 rpm; all wheel drive! *&

I'm looking at getting an WRX tho...
Piper

Post by Piper »

That's the car I just bought, too :)

You can go to these sites for all kinds of good info and everything you want to know about the WRX.

http://www.impreza-rs.com/

http://www.nasioc.com/

The forums there are great!
2800+ @ 3200+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
512meg PC3200
BFG 5950 Ultra
Audigy 2 ZS

<A HREF="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=1966">[align=center]<I><B>HEATWARE</center</I></B></A>
mailto:?subject=&body=
rogue
Golden Member

Post by rogue »

I'd go with either a Subaru WRX STi or a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. Both are great cars, handle well, and are pretty damn reliable. Mustang's w/ V8's are good drag cars, but I would not want them for a daily driver (crappy seats, styling, ungh). I dont like Pontiac's...I think they need to fire all of their styling and design people (and I will never buy a GM product).
Welcome to the machine.
SlowSS
Genuine Member

Post by SlowSS »

I can't stand nasty ass 5' tall rear spoiler for Lance Evo and WRX STi. Also, don't care for 4-door boxy sedan. But, that's just me though, whatever floats your boat. ;)
Speck102

Post by Speck102 »

I don't know if you would want to do anything to you ride, but if you get an 00'-01' Celica GT-S, slap on i/e, LSD, and some pullies, you would be doing around low 14's or so. I know a person with those mods that got a 14.1, so it's pretty quick. I own one and all I have is just a CAI, and it is pretty quick. And on a scale of 1-10 on it being fun to drive, I would give it a 9. You should look into it and see if you like it. Great brakes and handling stock, and you can pick up a used one for around 15k. I tis also pretty relaible.
rat fink
Genuine Member

Post by rat fink »

what are all you smoking, imports that a disgrace, if anything find a real car either a ford, dodge or my personal favorite chevy, from the 60 and the 70's then everyone will be looking at what ride you have. heres a couple examples: lill red express, challanger, mustang, cobra, chevelle, impala, firebird, camaro, yenko, monty, and the list goes on, just no import.