Rice Heaven ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Seth

Post by Seth »

Originally posted by Absolut Talent
good luck trying to find it in the US for that cheap

and you do know that all skylines (unless modified when in the states) have the driverside on the right side of the car instead of the left?
and what about insurance? i think those are considered exotic cars cause they are all imported
not to mention that most of the time they were detuned when brought in (i think it was about 550 or 600hp stock)

if your mom does end up buying you one.....you BETTER be good to her for the rest of your life. :D

You just made my dream die... i hate u....

j/k
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Why would you call any of those cars rice, you don't know any of their specs? Plus its only rice is it has a 4 ft wing and a coffee can muffler, and led washer nozzels. And just about every japanese import performs better, and lasts long than any domestic car. :rolleyes:

One thing would be to find a skyline in the price range of $20,000, and another is the price to convert it to US standards, you can't just go up to a pump in the US and get 140 octane fuel now can you?! Est. price ofr converting a R32 is like an additional $13,000 dollars on top of the cost of the car. Insurace forget about it if you have no driving record and this is your first car you might as well forget about living in a house anymore, cause you insurance will be through the roof.

And you can drive right handed cars in U.S. FYI
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

nsx *&
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Originally posted by Lan-Evo
And just about every japanese import performs better, and lasts long than any domestic car. :rolleyes:

Naaa i think Euro cars will outlast and outperfom anything domestic or jap... I'll take my old ass Dub over any of the junk cars that are made these days...
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

And just about every japanese import performs better, and lasts long than any domestic car. :rolleyes:

I am one of the few that doesn't seem to know this. :) I agree they have a nicer average fit and finish but please don't say they perform better. That is way to general of a statement. In what way do they? Gas mileage? If you take the average performance import and compare it to the average domestic I would put money on the domestic every time.
pump in the US and get 140 octane fuel now can you?!

Same problem in Europe and Japan. Butr since the motor is 8.5-1 and it is running reasonable boost 93 octane will work fine.
My toy....
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Well maintenance and performance are expensive for imports, but as far as engineering, and MPG i would say i have seen better in Imports.

The the word Jap is racist term, come on now its not 1942 any more
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Well maintenance and performance are expensive for imports, but as far as engineering, and MPG i would say i have seen better in Imports.

Yeah it REALLY expensive. $160 for a foglight for my Jetta.

And if I wanted gas mileage I would buy a hybrid. :)
My toy....
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Trying maintaining an Audi its laughable unless you have a modest income.
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Trying maintaining an Audi its laughable unless you have a modest income.

I wonder how many parts are direct replacements between an Audi and a VW?

Much like an Impalla and a Vetter.

Go price a washer motor for both. Vette over $150 Impalla under a $100. SAME PART #
My toy....
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Originally posted by Absolut Talent (i think it was about 550 or 600hp stock)
[/B]

Actually it isn't much more than US spec. Somewhere around 250 bhp.
My toy....
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

You can drop the 1.8 TT front clip right in a jetta or golf and it would be a perfect fit. however i think you would loose horsepower cause the Audi 1.8 is a lower boost :(

but if you wanted to drop the 2001 S4 motor in a jetta it might fit?

I Germany it did. I beleive it was the S3 motor though which is comparable to the S4.

But other than that give me an RS6!!! fast car there!
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

A lot of the Audi & VW parts are all interchangable... damn i have 20 years of cars i can choose from when looking for parts for my car and do nothing more than bolt them on with no mods to make it work... VW's are relativaly cheap to work on and fix cause of this. When u get into shit like fog lights and such that are specific to the year of car then ya its more expensive. But as far as suspension, power and drive trains they are all practically identical until the A4 chassis which came out in 99.
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

My main comment was on the moron who thinks his mommy is going to buy him a (realistically) a 70,000 dollar automobile. I bet he doesn't even know how to turn a wrench LMAO!!! And to drive stick on the right side of the car forget about it thats going to take a while to learn.
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

it not any different than driving on the left side of the car... u just shift with your left hand... :rolleyes:
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

if i had money to blow on a nice car... id get a primered 57 chevy... then a LT1 (new LT1) and take it and make it twin turbo... mount it in the chevy.. tub it, and then get it painted up to look like a checker taxi and pimp it around O'Hare airport and make the other cabbys want it!
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]